Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Northern NH/Western Maine Question >

Northern NH/Western Maine Question

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Northern NH/Western Maine Question

Old 09-05-2006, 12:37 PM

Default Northern NH/Western Maine Question

I normally hunt northern NH each fall. This yearsome friends are hunting the Rangely ME area and I may get to spend some time there before heading to NH. For anyone who knows the border area, I'm wondering if there is access to NH from the logging roadson the west side of Aziscoos Lake in ME. Thanks...Jer
Old 09-05-2006, 01:10 PM

Default RE: Northern NH/Western Maine Question

I,ve use to hunt around aziscohos and parmachenee lake. We hunted that area for 7 years but never drove towards NH. I know theres plenty gates on the ME side wouldn't surprise me if theres one. There use to begates near bose buck mtn on the parmachenee rd .Good luck over there
Old 09-06-2006, 12:41 PM

Thanks Shooterme, There are definately some roads that go through. I'll just have to check it out when I'm there and see if they are open.....Jer
Old 09-07-2006, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looking at my Maine Gazetteer it looks like RT. 16 goes right from and to
Old 09-07-2006, 01:21 PM

Mike, I'm trying to get from Wilson Mills on Rt 16 to Pittsburg without going down to Errol, over to Colebrook and north to Pittsburg. If I can go off the Parmachene road in Maine over to the Magalloway Mtn area in NH on the logroads its only 15-20 miles. The log roads definately go that way, I just don't know if the gates are open...Jer
Old 09-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry I can't find no Pittsberg Me. Just come on over to Stow and hunt with us.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:02 PM

Im from northern NH, and there are logging roads, but if you dont know them you can get really screwed up in there. the best thing to do is get a snowmobile trail map and a full tank of gas and explore. but i know alot of the trails are not passable in the fall, especially after the rain this spring.
I think you would be better off going on rt16 to rt26 to rt3.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:40 AM

Thanks guys, I'll just have to explore. ....Good luck this year , I hope you get a big one....Jer
Old 09-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Girard

Mike, I'm trying to get from Wilson Mills on Rt 16 to Pittsburg without going down to Errol, over to Colebrook and north to Pittsburg. If I can go off the Parmachene road in Maine over to the Magalloway Mtn area in NH on the logroads its only 15-20 miles. The log roads definately go that way, I just don't know if the gates are open...Jer
There is a dirt road just below Mt Dustin store that will take you to the diamond Ponds, and right to Pittsburg, NH, you will need to know where your going or you could be lost for days.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:12 PM

Thanks Swampbuck....I've been in that area and know what you mean about getting lost...Jer

Quick Reply: Northern NH/Western Maine Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.