Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 new jersey new license system stinks!!!!!!! >

new jersey new license system stinks!!!!!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

new jersey new license system stinks!!!!!!!

Old 09-04-2006, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default new jersey new license system stinks!!!!!!!

just tried the new online system and what a headache!. a half hour of searching and filling out forms only to get messages that pop up that dont make sence. what gives? i thought the new system was supposed to be easier. oh and to top it off extra fees?????? if you dont have a computer i dont know what your gonna do. all i can say is good luck[:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 09-04-2006, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new jersey new license system stinks!!!!!!!

LO, ny dad went and bought his at the sporting goods store and said it was easy. I got a postcard informing me to renew my Rifle Permit, it came with a new ID number, and from what Dad says that will become my License # when I by a licence. I hope it goes smoothly for me, I will let you know.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Fork Horn

I'm going out now to get it at Dick's, let's see how this goes.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am getting worried about airborneguy!
Old 09-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

the rifle permit is a joke. just another add on to pay a fee.just add 10$ to my muzzleoader permit and make it easier. im gonna have to go to my local shop to apply i guess. nice of the state to just get out the digest. this leaves me with less than a week to put in for my special zone permits. [:@] and to top it off if you purchase your permits and license on line you cant use the confirmation # to go hunt immediately. our technology coordinator has an article in the digest saying our lovely new system is NOW ran by a contractor? $$$$$$$$ called-- ALS (AUTOMATIC LICENSE SYSTEM) so for the 2$ extra we have to pay we will now have the privilage to wait 7 TO 10 BUSINESS DAYS TO GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR. the reason i guess is that some rocket scientists decided to use a company in NASHVILLE TENNESEE[:'(] whats up with that?
Old 09-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

I had a horrible experience also. Dick's (yes thanks for pointing out my retardedness! ) will not be selling them because thier computer is not working. He gave me a place to go, which I couldn't find (even thoughwent to to the EXACT intersection he told me to go to). So I went to Walmart and "the guy" who does it was off today. The Guy? One person doing it at a friggin Walmart?!? So needless to say, I was heated and drove back to Staten Island with nothing more than some Tink's, a shirt and a hat from Dick's.

I guess I will have to go next monday when I go scouting, which will take some of my scouting time of course.

Does anyone know the last day to enter the permit drawings? I am goign for Zone 37, Ft. Dix.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:30 AM

the rifle permit is a joke. just another add on to pay a fee
Actually,if you shoot a .22 as some of my buddies to while trapping. You need the rifle permit. I was at a range in egg harbor and was checked while shooting my 22 and .17. So its not just for your ML. On another note I've had no problems with the online system.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

im justsick of filling out paperwork and re-newing a hundred things all the time.i totally understand there are some uses for what is classified as a rifle like dispatching animals with a 22. cal. caught during trapping or the few dedicated woodchuck hunters but dont you find it funny that you can take the shotgun course and hunt with a slug gun which essentially is a rifle and not need the rifle permit. thats why i call the rifle permit stupid and an uneccesary nothing more than another money maker. you could teach the mechanics behind the single projectile theories in the regular shotgun course. you" know yada yada yada a single projectile will travel a furthur distance than pellets so be extra careful" i dont think other states have seperate courses. we just keep on paying$$$$$$$$$ WAKE UP!
Old 09-06-2006, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

heres another good one![:'(] i just spent another hour online and figured everything out. the state will give you an assigned 9 digit lifetime conservation number. i was sent a re-newal rifle permit card in the mail and the number was on the card. if you didnt get a card i dont know what to tell you. guess what the system is getting even more of my money. it seems there is a 2$ fee plus a $1.80- shipping and handling fee. so now your rifle permit is $14.30. this is unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!![:@]
Old 09-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

Airborn, I had the same crap happen at dick's sporting goods. At the store I went to, they moved the process from the hunting "lodge" to the front counter check out part of the store. There was some young girl there who would not know know a driver's license from a hunting license.... she was no help... the store manager came.... he was no help... I told him that Dicks was listed as an official license agent for the special permit hunting areas.... you would have thought I was speaking greek to him. He just told me to call back next week.
The deadline to apply is 9-10-06 I went home and was able to do it online and pay $2.00 for the application fee.
Good luck,
They really need to have a better way to sell the licenses.
DW

Quick Reply: new jersey new license system stinks!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.