Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Children under 12 hunt deer next year without tags? >

Children under 12 hunt deer next year without tags?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Children under 12 hunt deer next year without tags?

Old 09-03-2006, 10:13 AM

Default Children under 12 hunt deer next year without tags?

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=460&q=168353
Old 09-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Children under 12 hunt deer next year without tags?

im against it....also if there gonna let children under 12 hunt then they should at least require them to pass a saftey coarse.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:56 AM

ORIGINAL: BowHunter46

im against it....also if there gonna let children under 12 hunt then they should at least require them to pass a saftey coarse.
I would of enjoyed to take my children out and let them harvest a deer at the age of 7 or 8...instead of waiting till they turned 12... The parent would be the mentor of that child and would teach them the hands on safety.. My children been shooting and have learned the safety of firearms and what is beyond their target before even squeezing the trigger for many years before they turned 12... I think their are many dads that teach their children gun safety and takes them to rifle range with them and let them shoot with them around the age of 5 or 6...The safety coarses I have attended did not have on hands training with firearms..Niether did my childrens...I drilled it into their heads each time about firearm safety..I believe many dads do this...a 10 hr. coarse is not goanna do it..It has to be hands on and drilled into their heads.. I actually like the idea of this...
Old 09-03-2006, 04:33 PM

according to the report the youth can only shoot a buck. While it didnt explicity state this I would assume the tagging requirements would be the same as they are using for turkeys this fall, basically the youth makes thier own tag.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Bowtech Joe

according to the report the youth can only shoot a buck. While it didnt explicity state this I would assume the tagging requirements would be the same as they are using for turkeys this fall, basically the youth makes thier own tag.
Right just bucks and make your own tags...The only flaw I see in this though, is if you get a father who takes their child out shoots a buck don't turn the tag in and repeat this scenerio a few more times during the hunting season.. Or the father shoots the deer instead...Other than this,I still like it..
Old 09-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: smokeman

I would of enjoyed to take my children out and let them harvest a deer at the age of 7 or 8...instead of waiting till they turned 12... The parent would be the mentor of that child and would teach them the hands on safety.. My children been shooting and have learned the safety of firearms and what is beyond their target before even squeezing the trigger for many years before they turned 12... I think their are many dads that teach their children gun safety and takes them to rifle range with them and let them shoot with them around the age of 5 or 6...The safety coarses I have attended did not have on hands training with firearms..Niether did my childrens...I drilled it into their heads each time about firearm safety..I believe many dads do this...a 10 hr. coarse is not goanna do it..It has to be hands on and drilled into their heads.. I actually like the idea of this...
when i was about 10 my dad took me out and i watched him hunt...i was always shooting my 22cal at the range at the local hunting clubs and couldnt wait till i was allowed to hunt. and when i turned 12 i was so excited to get my first license and i felt that it was well worth the wait. i am only 15 yrs old now and to me idc who therehunting with, i just dont feel safe with a 8 or 9 year old out there on the first day of buck season shooting a rifle.JMHO
Old 09-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

At least there they can go at 12 here they have to be 15 now thats dumb
Old 09-03-2006, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the idea of getting young hunters hooked. I hate the idea of having another fairly easy way for unethical hunters to illegally take deer!! However those unethical hunters will always find a way to take illegal deer so I think the program should go forward. We should embrace this programto hopefullyhelp our sport to bepassed down for years to come!!
Old 09-04-2006, 12:35 AM

ORIGINAL: White-tail-deer

I like the idea of getting young hunters hooked. I hate the idea of having another fairly easy way for unethical hunters to illegally take deer!! However those unethical hunters will always find a way to take illegal deer so I think the program should go forward. We should embrace this programto hopefullyhelp our sport to bepassed down for years to come!!
You are not blood of rome...
Old 09-04-2006, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

No but I am PA Dutch!

Quick Reply: Children under 12 hunt deer next year without tags?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.