Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DE Archery Season - September >

DE Archery Season - September

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE Archery Season - September

Old 09-14-2006, 10:03 AM

Default RE: DE Archery Season - September

Slayer45, the BlackBird tracksare allabout the same but I prefer the thoes without the state stands. I like to walk in, do some scouting and pick my own spot. The place is littered with illegal screw stands and home made ladder stands but I guess there from the locals?
Old 09-15-2006, 04:17 AM

Well I know there are not to many that bowhunt Blackbird tracts, now once the gun season's open up, look out, cause there are some....lets just say......."gifted" hunters that come out. They dont care what they do and where they go! I dont hunt state land simply because I have a family farm I hunt on, but I do know of a couple good spots around the area if I had too! You ever try Ceder Swamp, some really nice deer out there if you can stand the bugs this time of year!
Old 09-16-2006, 12:45 PM

Went out Wed the 13th. Saw nothing in the AM. Bumped one walking back to the truck. It just ran deeper into the corn. Next hunt will be the 19th. I'd kill for a West wind. It was some version of east EVERY day last week. Certainly F'd up the fishing at the shore, not to mention limiting my deer hunting AM options.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:43 AM

Well the rain messed up my plans for last Friday so I looked ahead on the Weather chanel and chose to wait for this Friday. Sunny and a cool 71 as the high beats wet and humid. Hopefully I have some good news to share after this Friday!
Old 09-18-2006, 05:46 PM

Im heading out tomorrow (19th) in the AM before the rain hits. I've always wanted to try an ambush spot on the public property I hunt. The problem is its on the main path into the woods for other stands. I also need a wind anything but a form of east. Im going to gamble that the wind blows south like they are predicting and no one else will be out on a Tuesday this time a year esp when its not going to be all that cool (low to mid 60s). If the wind doesnt pan out, i have a workable spot deep in the woods, but I didnt see much sign there early in the season. I'll let you know how it works out.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:00 AM

I didnt go today. Stayed up too late watching the football game. I also wasnt thrilled with gambling the spot I wanted to hunt on this wind. Yeah it was light, but it was swinging SSE and anything east would have killed my chances. I'll wait for a west wind. Other spots I could have gone just havent been producing ANY deer sightings in the morning. Next hunt will be Saturday afternoon somewhere.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:12 PM

I went out last wed. as well, had a doe and a just out of spots fawn come in, doe never gave me a shot, stayed in the woods and I lost her but the fawn came right in, could have stuck him 4-5 times but I didnt have the heart, just to small, figure I'll give him a while to grow up! Gonna go out tonight to a new spot I have just outside the town limits where I live. I set my climber up tuesday night and dropped some corn, hoping the rain would cover my scent but I guess that didnt happen! Hopefully with this cool air they will move tonight, gonna go friday night as well! Has anyone noticed that the deer are not moving during the daylight ours for the last few weeks, seems like I was seeing a lot more and now, unless a storm is coming I dont really see them. See alot of deer signs but no deer!
Old 09-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

havn't been out yet but all te people that i have talked to have said it has "SUCKED"!
Old 09-20-2006, 07:34 PM

Went out tonight for the first time this year w/ a freind who has permisson to hunt a small farm in Pike Creek area. As soon as we walked in we spoted a small buck. I stalked him, and got w/in 40yrds before he spooked, not to spooked though, this was around 5. Got into our standat about 5:45 we saw two bucks (one I think was the one I stalked ealier) come out about 80 yrds away. They were just grazing, and eating berries off the trees, when all of a sudden the got spooked by something, and walked away (wasn't me, they were looking the other way at something I could not see). With about 5m of shooting time left I spotted a nice sized buck about 100 yrds away. My buddy was walking around trying to see if he could sneak up on some other deer, and he spoked acouple other deer and they ran over w/ the Buck and that was the end of that. Nice to see deer again from a deer stand. May be going out Saturday morning, I'll post if I do.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:13 PM

See alot of deer signs but no deer!
This has been the status quo at our lease for years during the month of Sept. As long as the crop is up in the fields, we see very little mornings and evenings. As soon as the corn is cut in Oct or early Nov, things change drasticly. Its frustrating hunting this time of year knowing there are deer in the area, nice deer at that, and they are hiding out all day in standing crop.

That being said, itsstill nice getting out and in the stand. I hopethe weather this weekend pans out. I prefer hunting evenings. As fall aproaches, this will be alot more fun. If Ididnt have to work tomorrow, what a nice morning it would be! Mid 40s in Sept. Cant beat it with a stick. I hope some get to enjoy it.

Quick Reply: DE Archery Season - September

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.