Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY Land Sales

Old 08-31-2006, 05:49 PM

Default NY Land Sales

Hi everybody, I've been looking for landto buy in upstate new york for a while. I live on long island and i need a place thats fairly close (<4 hours from Nassau). I want something that is more than 50 acres but preferably more around 100. I don't want any house on the property but a small cabin is a maybe. If needed I would be very willing to look at land in pennsylvania.
So, does anybody know of a place or of a realtor that does this kind of property? Thanks, Joe.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: NY Land Sales

Go to www.landandcamps.com Christmas and Associates..
Old 08-31-2006, 07:39 PM

I had checked them out before and although they have some really nice land all of it is about 5 and a half hours away and thats just too far to go for a weekend
Old 08-31-2006, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

Have you ever thought about a long term timberland lease instead? I owned land before, but my next piece will be one of these. Much cheaper, and you can build a hunting cabin on them. The land is leased long term, so its basically yours. You can even post it. The biggest plus is that you are getting the land for basically what owning would cost you in taxes a year. The taxes are what forced me to sell my piece. Check out these two sites for info. I hope in the net 2 -3 years I can get one of these.

http://www.cottonhanlon.com/index.html

http://www.internationalpaper.com/
Old 09-01-2006, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

JoeP514,
I could help you out. What's your e-mail?
Old 09-01-2006, 09:48 AM

JoeP514 - I am also from LI and have property in Delaware County. The trip takes 3 1/2 hours normally. An upstate neighbor has just put his property (approx 80 acres) up for sale. The property has not got a house on it. If you are interested, contact me and I will pass on the info.
Charlieb
Old 09-01-2006, 11:54 AM

my email is [email protected] thanks everybody for the help
Old 09-03-2006, 11:11 AM

anyone else have an idea?
Old 09-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

Joe..did you check out the lease sites?
Old 09-03-2006, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

I live CNY and have a Realtor that is a family friend. I could ask her but are we to far. My Buddy worked at sing sing prison and it took him about 3.5 hrs one way, if that helps. next question Northern or southern zone. I live on the line so one or the other is not far away. just let me know what to tell her. Oh she might want to know what you want to pay per acre.

Quick Reply: NY Land Sales

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.