Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Another Moutain Lion Sighting >

Another Moutain Lion Sighting

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Another Moutain Lion Sighting

Old 07-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Another Moutain Lion Sighting

A friend of hours recently spotted a moutain lion in Sullivan County, PA. He is a very credible source and knows his animals. The cat was spotted during daylight hours and the guy was sober. Go ahead doubters, fire away.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:11 AM
jf5

Default RE: Another Moutain Lion Sighting

Any pics?? I am sure your friend is credible. But we need some proof...
Old 07-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK........

I don't understand the need to feel "Believed" on these sightings. If they feel they saw a cougar or whatever then cool they exist for that person but don't expect anyone to believe a 2nd hand report as proof it doesn't matter how "credible" the source is.

That's all.
It's just not PROOF, not an attack on anyone's character.

If I saw one run through my backyard tonight and pull down the neighbor's poodle and dissappear if there wasn't some hard evidence left behind that I could document and have verified I wouldn't expect ANYONE to believe me either. Doesn't matter if it was real or not my report would be just another "story" but it would be real to me.

I hope your friend enjoys knowing that he saw something very rare indeed. If he saw that I'm envioushonestly....but don't expect anyone else to take any stock in it.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let's say he took a pic. Perfect shot of a ML. No question.

If he said he took the pic in PA he wouldn't be believed because even though you have a pic you couldn't proveitwas taken in PA.

Make sure you have the ML pose next to a famous landmark in PA before you snap the pic.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:56 PM
jf5

ORIGINAL: DannyD

Let's say he took a pic. Perfect shot of a ML. No question.

If he said he took the pic in PA he wouldn't be believed because even though you have a pic you couldn't proveitwas taken in PA.

Make sure you have the ML pose next to a famous landmark in PA before you snap the pic.
LOl, I udnerstand what your saying. But a pic is better than no pic...
Old 07-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

The cat was spotted during daylight hours and the guy was sober.
Thanks for that information. I feel both of those things are such rarities with PA mountain lion sightings.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder if Charley will find this one on the net?

Steve
Old 07-27-2006, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think there very well could be mountain lions on the prowl. But unfortunately it's going to take something major in the news before everyone will believe it. Even if someone posts a picture somebody out there will swear it was created in Photoshop.

They were native to PA until the 1880's. Who's to say they will never return. (or haven't already started)
Old 07-28-2006, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

There were sporadic sightings reported up until around 1920 I think. These were only in the very remotest places.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

A few years ago there was one running around Delaware County. Proof? Yes, it was all over the local news. Pictures and video. They tried, but never caught it. I don't believe they really knew where it came from either. If they can be running around near Philly, they can sure exist in thousands of acres of wilderness.

If none of you guys has a picture of God, we better go around to all the churches and stop people from wasting their time

Quick Reply: Another Moutain Lion Sighting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.