Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Here ya go, conspiracy buffs. >

Here ya go, conspiracy buffs.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Here ya go, conspiracy buffs.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:11 AM

Default Here ya go, conspiracy buffs.

Is there any doubt left that this guy is a whacko?
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/229-07092006-681221.html
Old 07-24-2006, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Here ya go, conspiracy buffs.

He needs to put down the crack pipe and document some of these 80lb "Hybrid" coyotes.....

Here are the Mosquito Creek coyote hunt results for the last 2 years:
(Anybody see any 70-80+lb animals listed? and these are some of the best coyote hunters and crews in the east)

http://www.mosquitocreeksportsmen.com/Coyote%20Hunt.htm

Based upon this good sample of Eastern Coyotes taken even his expert source is overstating theAVERAGE weight of male and female coyotes.
Unless I'm the only one seeing the vast majority of the weights in the 30lb range?
In fact (if I'm counting right) only 25 of the 164 total coyotes taken for 2yrs of the contest even make 40lbs. So by this sample his perception of the AVERAGE weight of coyotes in PA is already about 10lbs too heavy......based upon his 2nd hand "knowledge".

Old 07-24-2006, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is my favorite part:

Pennsylvanians have come forward to tell eyewitness accounts of cattle trucks loaded down with coyotes observed on our country roads. Ed Wolford, a farmer and coyote hunter from Shickshinny, Pa., recently wrote a letter stating he saw two cattle trucks loaded with coyotes in 1999 parked in the PGC Regional Office parking lot in Dallas, Pa. I spoke with him and he is willing to testify in court to this sighting.
Its good to see coyotes get along so well with each other they can be loaded into a cattle truck and driven around.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I actually read that a couple weeks ago.In his defense,I did read another article where a biologist was quoted as saying they are finding some coyotes in the New England states that actually have more wolf genes than coyote genes.He had his own theories on how this happened and none of them involved human interaction with the breeding.Are these super coyotes in Pa?I have no idea but I've yet to hear of a confirmed coyotes weighing anywhere near 80lbs in Pa.Mosquito creek sportsman have a hunt every year and theyusually bring in over 100 coyotes during the weekend hunt.The contest winner usually weighs in somewhere around the mid 40lb mark.This past year they killed a little over 60 coyotes and the winner was around 50lbs.That's a far cry from 80 lbs.I would say that's certainly cause to waste tax dollars on an investigation.About a month ago I had the pleasure of talking with the PGC land manager in Elk and Mckean countyies.He showed me newspaper articles dating back to the 1930's with confirmed pictures of dead coyotes in pa.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=458&q=150783

they said that the biggest caught in PA was 62lbs, thats pretty big
Old 07-24-2006, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

In May after an AM Turkey hunt I shot a animal that was 52 lbs. Skinny and maingy looked like if feeding better he could tip 60. We typcially see 50lbs as average with some 8-10 lbs heavier. C/SW NH.

I do not think any would survive a cattle truck ridewithout some seriousfighting.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

A 62lb coyote is huge but it's 20 lbs smaller than the one's Slinsky claims exist in Pa.I have no reason to doubt that wolf/coyote hybrids exist in some places around the northeast.I do have a problem believeing that any state game agency is breeding them and then stocking them and I alsohave a problem with any writer that insinuates that without proof.The truckload of coyotes story has been circulating around for years.Who would stock them and where would they get them from?Are these pen-raised animals or are they being trapped and relocated?Slinky is a wacko.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:17 AM
Typical Buck

i hear you, ive never been on the "stocking" kick.
but im saying its possible for larger than 40lb dog.

ORIGINAL: DougE

A 62lb coyote is huge but it's 20 lbs smaller than the one's Slinsky claims exist in Pa.I have no reason to doubt that wolf/coyote hybrids exist in some places around the northeast.I do have a problem believeing that any state game agency is breeding them and then stocking them and I alsohave a problem with any writer that insinuates that without proof.The truckload of coyotes story has been circulating around for years.Who would stock them and where would they get them from?Are these pen-raised animals or are they being trapped and relocated?Slinky is a wacko.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:46 AM

Ive seen a cyote here in CT that musta been at least 40 lbs or more. But this guy is crazy, did he say taht Alligators are roaming the land, feasting on deer? haha. Lock your door folks, the gators are on the move!

-Travis-
Old 07-24-2006, 03:10 PM

I also dismiss the truck load stories as surely putting several coyotes together in such close quarters would prove deadly to all creatures involved.

On the other hand my friends son in law shot an 83 pound coyote this year during deer season. He has great credibility and absolutely no reason to lie.

Even the PGC admits to large coyotes. Did the agency release them??? No, I would not put any money on that one. Could they be hybrids? Could they have wolf blood? What is the reason PA is experiencing such large preditors? Hey, Pennsylvania is shooting 700 and 800 pound bears! You can't kill a black bear in Montana that weighs that much! How many fawns does a 800 pound bear eat?
I think Slinsky's idea of including a study is relevent. If they are going to have an affect on the deer herd there just might be justification for some form of study, and the agency should be leading the charge.

Quick Reply: Here ya go, conspiracy buffs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.