Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 baiting deer in Pa >

baiting deer in Pa

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

baiting deer in Pa

Old 06-16-2006, 09:21 AM

Default baiting deer in Pa

hey guys i just heard from a friend that they passed a law you can bait in special regs areas threw out the hunting season now is this true.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:48 AM

Default RE: baiting deer in Pa

Not law, yet. Here's a potion of the PGC release:

"As recommended in the recently released Urban/Suburban Deer Management Plan, the Pennsylvania Board of Game Commissioners today gave preliminary approval to a regulatory change to permit the use of bait in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties, as a means of increasing hunter harvest in these highly-developed areas.

While illegal in other parts of the state, the General Assembly and Governor Rendell, in 2004, approved a change to state law to authorize the Game Commission to permit the use of bait for deer hunters in special regulations areas counties, except for Allegheny County. After examining other state's methods of permitting baiting and development of an Urban/Suburban Deer Management Plan, the agency took action to permit baiting within the parameters of the law."

Note that this was preliminary approval, are taking comments, and would be subject to possible final approval in October.

I doubt if it could be implemented this season.

ChuckS
Old 06-16-2006, 01:01 PM

i hope so i hunt a christmas tree farm and these deer on there don't stay they just pass threw seen some monster deer just can't get close enough for a bow shot.. they don't come in just one way either...
Old 06-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

it does not surprise me that the pgc allows this to happen. they want deer dead and this is another way of getting rid of them.get your cameras ready guys, i saw YELLOW BELLY SAP SUCKER,i wonder if i need a permit to SHOOT these pictures?i was up all night around camp fire waiting for daylight to come to SHOOT my camera.i thought i saw a barn owl the other day.yippee!
Old 06-19-2006, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you ever been to any of the special reg areas?There's deer all over the place and not alot of ground open to hunt them.Alot of these people are fed up with all the deer.You see,not everyone wants a deer behind every tree.Baiting,while not my idea of hunting is better than other alternatives such as using sharpshooters and birth control.

Why would the PGC want all the deer dead?You have no idea what you're talking about and you have no proof to back up any of your nonsense.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

PGC wants all the deer dead so the mountain lions don't have enought to eat and move out quietly...
Old 06-19-2006, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bionic----If all the deer are killed, then there probably will be no more need to stock more coyotes, either, right?? The cougar stocking program was just starting to get off the ground, too. What a shame!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

PA Wildman, I think the coyotes were only stocked to eat up all the grouse. The mountain lions were stocked to keep the deer population down, but no whtat they are letting themselves get seen anywhere the PGC is having all the deer killed so the Mountain Lions move out. i think.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

its this simple, does not need to be a brain surgeon to see what is happening. with the lack of deer ,most will give up hunting. i just talked to 2 friends that are not buying license this year.its growing trees now and TOURISM.do you think TOURIST want out in woods with us with guns running around,nooooooooooooo.so, if deer are reduced to nothing, its this simple, LESS HUNTERS IN WOODS. throw in license increase, less again in woods.now, some will be happy.they think, well, less hunters better for me to get a deer.i reaaly believe that day will come when you will only be able to hunt certain parts of state forestland.rest will be called WILD AREA.no hunting only BIRD WATCHING.stay tuned!!
Old 06-19-2006, 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: GREEK HUNTER

hey guys i just heard from a friend that they passed a law you can bait in special regs areas threw out the hunting season now is this true.
So, deer hunting regs become deer killing regs. That will make you a better hunter for sure. Wonderhow PETA will respond, once you eliminate fair chase. What's next, night vision scopes?

Quick Reply: baiting deer in Pa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.