Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NY says ok, tax your tree's >

NY says ok, tax your tree's

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY says ok, tax your tree's

Old 03-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default NY says ok, tax your tree's

I'm a little pissed here after reading this article in yesterdays Syracuse Post Standard. Suddenly its ok for Town accessors to put a value estimate on any tree's you may have on your property, and increase your property taxes based on that value. Anyway NY can come up with to take our $, and put business's down. This is one of the most ridiculous taxes I've ever seen.

www.syracuse.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1143194126103520.xml?syrnesnys

If this bill is introduced we'll all need to act to stop this crap!
Old 03-25-2006, 09:55 AM

Default RE: NY says ok, tax your tree's

Yes this is about bull%#$@ - My parents have done alot of planting and forest management on their property to keep their wood lot healthy and keep the animals moving through it.

If this passes it is my opinion that you are going to see property owners who are not hunters or outdoorsmen start to clear cut their property and leave just a few select trees near the house so that their taxes are not raised. It is amazing what NY State does to get every last drop of blood from the stones we have to call our paychecks - It is already enough that we are double taxed on everything as it is. It is only a matter of time before I have had all I can take with this state and I pack up the family and move. I live south of Buffalo, NY and it is just crazy how fast people are leaving the are due to higher costs of living as a result of taxes and the fact that there are not many available good paying jobs in the area. Prices go up on everything alot faster that the equivalent is seen in a pay increase ( at least for me) and there has got to be a point where people say enough is enough - The laws that the goverment has passed and the ones that are being proposed are just ridiculous anymore.

Old 03-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hoff, the bill thats being introduced is to prevent Town Accessors from taxing your tree's. Currently at present time NY is saying its ok to do so, and are doing it.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Fork Horn

I was reading an article in the NY Post which said that NY will probably lose morecongressional seatsin the next few years because of our population drain. Personally, after living in the city, I will probably retire upstate, but there are certainly other options if NY keeps up its horrible ways. Hey, we didn't get the worst state government award for nothing!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:48 AM

I didn't realize that they were already taxing the tree's I missunderstood the post - I thought they were proposing this as a new law.

I guess you can just ignore my previous rant - or take it for what its worth - concerning NY laws and it current position on many things.

I would definitely incourage everyone to do what ever you possibly can to pass this bill. There are enough taxes and the property taxes in my area keep going up - it would be a step in the right direction and may even encourage people to improve their property/woodlots without worrying about being penalized for it.

Old 03-26-2006, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Can you say LIBERALS? Same thing as New Jersey, tax away the people, yeah, that'll work
Old 03-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

This has been occuring regularly in most states for years.

In New Hampshire alone, in one specific area that happens to overlook the river valley, a number of homes saw their assessment values rise by over 250,000$ based on the quality of their properties "VIEW"!!!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:27 PM

Wow get the chainsaws ready!
Old 03-27-2006, 05:47 PM

I wonder if they are going to re-evaluate all thet state owned properties as well, cause I'd really love to see the 'tree tax' numbers for the Adirondack & Catskill parks..
Old 03-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

Imagine the state paying $63 billion dollars in taxes for one park alone in the Adirondacks! They'll be cutting trees down to.

Quick Reply: NY says ok, tax your tree's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.