Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

connecticut

Old 03-24-2006, 08:42 PM

Default RE: connecticut

ORIGINAL: artie97
It would be awesome if we get to bow hunt on sundays[8D]Keep us posted if you hear anything.
CT S.B. 605 Sunday Hunting
Bill Number: S.B. 605
Bill Sponsor(s): Joint Committee on Environment

Last Action: 3/20/06: Reported favorably from the Joint Committee on Environment.

Specifies that the commissioner of environmental protection may allow Sunday hunting with a bow and arrow on private property in areas designated by the commissioner to require additional management to control game species overpopulation.

http://search.cga.state.ct.us/2006/TOB/S/2006SB-00605-R00-SB.htm
http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/cgabillstatus/cgabillstatus.asp?selBillType=Bill&bill_num=60 5&which_year=2006
Old 03-25-2006, 07:19 AM

ORIGINAL: DJBAD

hey artie my parents have a place in colchester and i am goin to be hunting there this coming year, how is the hunting in colchester. they got 23 acres mixed wetlands and dry.... i would like some info on the area if you know any
Hi DJBAD
Collchester is a great town and pretty much any private land that you can get in CT is great.If your parents never let anyone hunt on that land,it could be loaded.

Thanks for the info CTBuckkilla
Old 03-26-2006, 07:12 AM

Hey guys, New guy here.
I'm from Seymour and hunt State and private land in Zones 7 and 11 mostly.

As far as Sunday hunting goes, it's not official yet. The bill made it outof the environmental commitee and now heads to the Senate. We still need to communicate with out Senators and House Reps to voice our approval of this bill. Check out the United Bowhunters of CT and Coalition of CT Sportsmen websites for more info and info on how you can help.
This is the closest we've ever been. It would suck to loose it now.

www.ctsportsmen.com- Coalition of CT Sportsmen
www.bowsite.com/ubc/- United Bowhunters of CT

Old 03-26-2006, 07:29 AM
Spike

Hi,

I hunt eastern Litchfield county - Goshen, Harwinton, Burlington, etc. and occasionally get up to the Canaan area. .

Usually get a few deer (private land) and do well on birds, pheasant, woodcock, and the odd grouse. I also try to take an annual trip to Maine (birds) or Canada (been to Anticosti a few times).

I don't see much of a future for huinting in this state. Open land is getting scarce and the number of hunters is going down.

Old 03-26-2006, 08:35 PM

ORIGINAL: CT-Hunter
Open land is getting scarce
You can say that again. Buddies property up in zone 2 is going bye bye this year. If it wasn't for my parents property that butts up against 100s of acres of water company I would be only left to hunt public land.

I see major overbuilding all over the place and with the increased property rates and the taxes to go with it. Who the hell can afford open land anymore. []
Old 03-29-2006, 01:04 PM

thats awesome if we could get some sunday hunting
Old 03-29-2006, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

I do a lot of hunting in NJ where there is no sunday hunting. Of all the things which affect young hunters going into the woods, I think that this ridiculous restriction is second right behind age restrictions. Prospective hunters are still in school when the make or break time comes which will pretty much decide whether or not they take up our great sport. The weekends are crucial towards bringing kids out into the field.

Good luck up there, I hope you guys get Sunday hunting and the benefits it will certainly bring!
Old 03-30-2006, 05:03 AM

glad that im still in highschool and get out everyweekend when i go to college if i dont get out alot ill go crazy
Old 04-12-2006, 09:40 PM

Senate scales back ban on Sunday hunting
http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=4758078&nav=3YeX

(Hartford-AP, Apr. 11, 2006 7:30 PM) _ The state moved closer today to scaling back its long-time ban on Sunday hunting.
The Senate voted 27-to-8 in favor of legislation that would allow limited bow and arrow hunting of deer on private lands on Sundays.
The bill awaits action in the House of Representatives.
Supporters say it's a conservation measure to address a serious environmental impact because of overpopulation of deer.
Some senators say they have safety concerns about providing hunters another day in the woods.
The ban on Sunday hunting dates back to colonial times. But the Department of Environmental Protection claims an extra day of hunting is needed as a wildlife management tool to help cull the increasing numbers of deer that are flourishing in some parts of the state.
The bill allows the DEP commissioner to designate bow hunting on Sundays on private lands, with permission of the landowners, where there is an overpopulation of certain wildlife.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

Saftey Concerns? Is Sunday hutning somehow more dangerous? Are they afraid of hungover guys going out into the woods and launching an arrow at someone on the Lord's Day?

Quick Reply: connecticut

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.