Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 COYOTE SEASON COMING TO AN END >

COYOTE SEASON COMING TO AN END

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

COYOTE SEASON COMING TO AN END

Old 03-10-2006, 04:42 PM

Default COYOTE SEASON COMING TO AN END

After coyote season closes here in New York, Is it against the law to carry a firearm in the woods even if its for protection? I like to go out in the woods and either walk around or just sit and watch the wildlife.

Would it be lawfull for me to posses a firearm between the end of coyote season and the beginning of turkey season? Or do you guys think I could get hassled?
Old 03-10-2006, 05:52 PM

Default RE: COYOTE SEASON COMING TO AN END

Man, it Almost looks like noboby wants to reply to any of your post buckstalker. I hope you find luck your question about this and your 22 scope too.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:11 PM

I was wondering what you need a gun for if seasons are closed. Trust me there is nothing out there you need protection from. Just enjoy your time in the woods.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always carry a pistol on me when I walk/hike in the woods. You are forgeting about groundhogs. After yote season closes and before turkey this is the time for them for me.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: buckstalker1187

After coyote season closes here in New York, Is it against the law to carry a firearm in the woods even if its for protection? I like to go out in the woods and either walk around or just sit and watch the wildlife.

Would it be lawfull for me to posses a firearm between the end of coyote season and the beginning of turkey season? Or do you guys think I could get hassled?
Stupid law, I always carry a gun in the woods. If you have a permit to carry how can they say it is illegal ????? Its the principal !
Old 03-11-2006, 07:04 AM

In WV they've extended yoteseason through the spring and into early summer, June I think. Makes it alot easier to justify carrying a gun in the woods this time of year.As if when you're shed hunting andhiking you mightsee a yote.Hey buckstalker-don't you have crows? You oughta be alright there.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:27 AM

There is NO law in NYS against carrying a firearm in the woods when there is no hunting season.Hell I take my 22 out for woodchucks and just plinkin summer long.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just remembered crow is open till April 15th so there you go. carry a .22 and take some crows,LOL. Hope this helps.

Old 03-19-2006, 07:02 PM

crow season closed on 31 march in western new york, go get some!
Old 03-19-2006, 07:24 PM

WV coyote season (night hunting) Jan 1 - July 31

Wv Coyote Season (day hunting) Continuous Open season

Quick Reply: COYOTE SEASON COMING TO AN END

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.