Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NY hunters favorite hunting dates >

NY hunters favorite hunting dates

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY hunters favorite hunting dates

Old 02-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default NY hunters favorite hunting dates

Tell me what dates year in and year out seem to be the best for you in NY.
For me it's Nov.7 and 8. Of course these dates just seem to work for me. I know there are plenty of good other days.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NY hunters favorite hunting dates

Have to say October 4th since that was my first bow kill date. And in May, cant say because taken it early, in the middle and late! [8D]
Old 02-18-2006, 10:40 AM

I spend the second week in November hunting my friend's farm in Steuben County each year and I always manage to fill my tag. I just wish I had gotten alifetime sportsman's license when I was still a NY resident. Between hunting in the fall and fishing in the summer, I give the NYDEC about $140 every year! (It's still money well spent, though!)
Old 02-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

For me it'd be:

May 1st- Turkey opener. Nothing like getting back out in the woods in the spring. Smelling that fresh air, hearing all the wildlife coming alive at dawn after a long winter.
Sept.27th- First time out bowhunting of the yr. Nothing like climbing up into that stand for the first time!!

If your talking about dates of regular success, I don't really have any, it can happen for me at anytime while hunting. But around 11/7 -11/12 seems to be the dates the rut kicks in good down to my camp in Cortland Co. year in & year out.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:15 AM

This is hard for me to answer. As far as seeing the most deer, it's the very end of Oct to the first couple days of Nov.
Then after around Nov 7th, the sighting go down drastically, but when I do see deer they are very nice racked deer that are with thedoes.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:06 AM
Typical Buck

May 1st is my favorite, by far.

Seconds would have to go to Thanksgiving day, and Sept 27th/Oct. 15th, as they are opening of Bowhunting.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would say thanksgiving day, even though i have never been sucessful on the day, it has repeatedly been a good day for my hunting group.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:05 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Any time you get out to get away from the rat race. Oct 15th and Nov 3rd thru the 10th.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Agreed. Every day in the woods.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:03 AM

Thanksgiving Morning.

Its a tradition - every year we all get together at my parents for dinner but all the guys show up early 5AM and get out to our stands till about 9:30 - 10:00 then put on a drive. Someone always comes home with something. Part of thanksgiving dinner usually includes cutting up the back straps into steaks and putting them out with the rest of the food.

Quick Reply: NY hunters favorite hunting dates

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.