Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 MOUNTAIN LION PICTURE IN PA. >

MOUNTAIN LION PICTURE IN PA.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MOUNTAIN LION PICTURE IN PA.

Old 03-02-2006, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MOUNTAIN LION PICTURE IN PA.

Sylv, here is the article, but a better scan.

Old 03-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can see you won't last long so Bye Bye!
Damn you're getting good at this. They always have the same
arrogance about them, huh?
Old 03-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry DougE, looks like you were correct. Although they say Big Cat with a question mark, the text does indeed indicate that the paper confirms it as a cougar. I'm not sure they meant to but they certainly did. I was mistaken.

Thanks livbucks, that was much clearer!
Old 03-02-2006, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn you're getting good at this. They always have the same
arrogance about them, huh?
Sometimes I think itjust isn't worth the effort to even respond to someone who just joined the forum and in just a few posts is trying to stir up trouble. I really think they sign up just for the pupose of agitating for fun. The only good thing seems to be they get bored quickly and just disapear or a moderator removes them. Maybe they'd get bored quicker if they were just ignored. I can't help myself though, sometimes it really ticks me off!
Old 03-02-2006, 02:53 PM

- I have been on this forum now for quite awhile and I made the same mistake when I first joined. Weather i was right or the other individual was right at the time it doesn't really matter now - this is all for fun and to keep in contact with others who have similar intrests.

if I am not mistaken i believe it was a very similar topic to this thread and the other member was moose1937 - I think I may have the screen name wrong but it is close. I made a post in the middle of a thread like this being very serious and got bagged on right out of the gate by moose - i didn't take it as I should have and I got defensive in return. After being a member for awhile and seeing how most of these threads play out I have learned that most of the time it is just harmless fun and it keeps the debate going. The only diference between what my experience was and how some of the new members come on here is that I did not come out degrading and putting down established members I resorted to that after being confronted from someone else first.

People who are going to poke fun and just mess around with other members in harmless fun is one thing - trying to put down other members and their beliefs is just not right and if that is how you are going to come on as a new member you're not doing yourself any favors and are certainly not making any friends on here.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sproulman,there may very well be a cougar or two in this state.I have no idea but I want to see real evidence.So far this is the third picture thats been posted of a cougar in Pa and all three turned out to be bobcats.I know several reliable people that claim to have seen them.One of my best friends claims he saw one up close two years ago.This guys hunts about 4 different states a year for everything imaginable.He's an experienced outdoorsman but he ain't no cougar expert.Do I think he's lying?No way but I don't think he saw what he thinks he saw.I'll put 20 bucks on it that he saw a bobcat like most others.

Explain why so many people claim to see these black panthers in Pa.Where would they come from?Is there any recorded to even exist in the United States?I've neverseen a picture of one that someone killed out west or any other place for that matter.

As far as the color of thatanimal,film doesn't always take perfect pictures,especially under low light conditions.That picture is without a doubt a picture of a bobcat in it's summer coat.I can't see how anyone could say otherwise.

What's different about this picture and the original that makes this one look smaller?I don't see a large animal in that picture.Look at the head and then look at the body.The body is only about 3.5 times as long as the head.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

thats why i have camera a lot now while in woods but as fast ascougar i saw was, i doubt i could have got picture.these 3 things stick in my mind on cougar i saw . COLOR, TAIL,OH YES, I saw TAIL AND WAY HE RAN.those stick in my mind most.also, i said to my hunting buddy,WHAT THE H WAS THAT.the head was real small and big shoulders with muscles.15 ft away.anyhow, hopefully more pictures will be coming in as a lot of camps are getting trail cams now. i just ordered one myself. take care
Old 03-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have any of you actualy seen a mountain lion, well I have (dead on the ground as in shot dead from a tree) andthey don't have strips on their legs and they don't have short tails or tuffs on their ears. get real, it's a freekin Bob Cat,man you people are unreal I swear. You must all work for the DEC, NBC or some other stupid organazation.
Are you even reading the thread or just posting cause you're bored?
Old 03-02-2006, 07:22 PM

GOD I can't wait for hunting season!

then there would be more to read than yotes, cats and, willy-wonky-jungle beagles.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

With all due respect amayerican, you did click on this thread, so it must be of some interest to you.
We are all sitting in a virtual bar, beer in hand, shooting the breeze.
We'll use any excuse to BS.
Come on in and have a cold one.

Quick Reply: MOUNTAIN LION PICTURE IN PA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.