Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 looking for hunting land/club in MD or around >

looking for hunting land/club in MD or around

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

looking for hunting land/club in MD or around

Old 01-18-2006, 02:09 PM

Default looking for hunting land/club in MD or around

hello,
my name is brent and i live in Baltimore, MD. I have hunted for a few years usually at my friends land in WV, but he has to sell it unfortunately. I need to start looking for somewhere to hunt next year, preferably in MD, maybe the Eastern Shore. A hunting club (as cheap as possible), a farmer with too many deer, someone who has deer all over there land and just doesnt hunt, or really situation could work oto my advantage. I would help out if needed, i just would love a real nice spot to hunt. If you know of anyone looking for someone to lease there land or even just hunt their land in a club, please let me know. I can be emailed at [email protected]. I am extremely responsible and just love to be in the woods. thanks alot
Old 01-18-2006, 10:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: looking for hunting land/club in MD or around

not sure on a club or farm, But theres 1000's of acres of fine state property over here on the shore.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Spike

Try Hopkins Deer Hunting, It's a guide service in Kent county.
You can find them on the web. Quality hunts-fair price.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go to the MD DNR home page, and look for the page on the Chesapeake lands, lots of public land, much of it as good as any private land on the shore (and lots of sika land!)
Old 01-20-2006, 04:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

8,600 acres at Patuxent North Tract, $40 permit per year (all weapons included), 6 or better rule for bucks for 4th year. Located in Anne Arundel near 32 and 198 intersection (parkway to 32 east to almost 198).
Old 01-20-2006, 08:05 AM

I'm fairly new to the area (Columbia, MD) and also need to do some homework on places to hunt. Thanks to a friendly tip from a member on here...I checked out some area around the Liberty reservior (32 North). I wasnt able to catch up w/ the deer...but saw a lot of sign. Unfortunately I only made it out a few times due to obligations at work. I hear that area around patuxent rivers has some quality hunting as well.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:25 PM

yes, liberty is nice for bowhunting, alot of deer even for the amount of pressure it recieves. just gotta know where to go. I am trying to get up there a few times this week after school to get another in the freezer.

Ft. meade is nice but the biggest deer i saw this year was a huge 5 point that walked under me in late ML.

I personaly like beltsville agricultural research center (barc)better.It'sfree and you don't have to worry about other hunters walking past you while your hunting.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

BARC is nice, but I prefer Meade.At BARC, you have to call however many days in advance (10?) at 5 in the morning to try and reserve your area. If it's busy, hit redial as many times as needed to get through like you're trying to be the 100th caller at a radio station. Meade you just show up and are assured of hunting the area you want (except opening shotgun you should preregister because some areas do fill up since they have a maximum number of hunters per area).
Old 01-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

BARC doesn't holdthe big bucks like it used to before they opened it up to hunting, as a matter of fact it doesn't hold many bucks period anymore.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:32 PM

i see where your comin from but i have never had problems with getting spots down at barc. occasionaly at the real good spots but for the 2 day shotgun, we reserved a spot wed. it is true it doesn't hold many big bucks anymore, the biggest taken this year was a 13.But it still holds them. from my personal experience at meade, after first of shotgun, deer go 95%nocturnal. maby not for all of you, but all i had ever seen was non-legal bucks after shotgun.

If you know where to go at barc, you will see big deer

Quick Reply: looking for hunting land/club in MD or around

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.