HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Maryland Bow Hunting Clubs? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/128093-maryland-bow-hunting-clubs.html)

MDBUCKHUNTER 01-08-2006 08:21 AM

Maryland Bow Hunting Clubs?

Can anyone suggest a bow hunting club to join in Maryland?

I moved to Maryland 2 years ago from Wisconsin where I was a member of a fantastic bow hunting club. Previously I have hunted gun for 12 years and bow for 5 years. I am setting aside my PSE Nova this year and will be purchasing a new bow within the next month or so. I live just north of Baltimore approx. 15 minutes.

mossy33oak 01-08-2006 08:38 AM

RE: Maryland Bow Hunting Clubs?

pm sent

bobnan 01-08-2006 07:16 PM

If you lived a little more south I would suggest Arundel Archers. As for closer to Balt. I couldn't help as I live near DC. Good Luck.

Dan D Buck 01-10-2006 08:49 AM

Where you from in WI, I came out here from the LaCrosse area 15 years ago, still get back to WI a couple times a year to hunt/fish. I am down in the DC area, and mainly hunt public land in Montgomery County. The Maryland forum on www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/REGIONAL/threads.cfm has some good info on hunting the state and clubs.

tupopp2k6 01-10-2006 01:48 PM

i actually have the same question. even though i have lived in maryland my entire life. does anyone know of any bowhunting clubs that i could join. i live right in baltimore

mossy33oak 01-10-2006 07:21 PM

I guess before I make a recommendation I need to understand the difference between a "bowhunting club" and an "archery club". In my area (North Central MD) we have 2 or 3 "archery clubs" where they have indoor ranges, and have 3d shoots throughout the year. Is this what you are referring to, or are you looking for a club to join to hunt?

tupopp2k6 01-23-2006 05:51 PM

that is what i would be referring to. if you could Pm me with a little information about these clubs that is atleast my question.

MDBUCKHUNTER 01-23-2006 06:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Dan D Buck

Where you from in WI, I came out here from the LaCrosse area 15 years ago, still get back to WI a couple times a year to hunt/fish. I am down in the DC area, and mainly hunt public land in Montgomery County. The Maryland forum on www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/REGIONAL/threads.cfm has some good info on hunting the state and clubs.
I am from Mazomanie which is just northwest of Madison. I went to school in Platteville. I have hunted all over Wisconsin and enjoy going back during the deer gun season.

badboy 01-25-2006 09:42 AM

I'm not sure exactly where you are located in Maryland , but you may want to consider checking out Issac Walton League Of America. There is one up here in western Maryland outside of Hagerstown. I think there is also one located in Montgomery county.Most of these clubs have indoor an \or\outdoor ranges . good luck