Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Congratulations to RickC on his first deer! >

Congratulations to RickC on his first deer!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Congratulations to RickC on his first deer!

Old 12-27-2005, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default Congratulations to RickC on his first deer!

Congratulations to RickC for his first deer ( a buck) that he took yesterday with his smoke pole!! Way to go, buddy!! You put alot of time and effort into your first deer, and you truly earned it!!

Way to go!

Slice
Old 12-27-2005, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Congratulations to RickC on his first deer!

Hey....Congrats!! I just took my first smokepole buckthis year. It's an accomplishment for sure...and pics??
Old 12-27-2005, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats!

Old 12-27-2005, 09:51 AM

Congrats bud, you deserve it, you put a lot of time and effort in. I imagine Rick will have some picks up later today of his buck. I still cant believe that buck ran off a cliff, Rick will have to post the full story.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Off a cliff? Looking forward to the story and the pics. Taking a buck in late muzzleloader in PA is no easy task. Congratulations Rick.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

I don't think you can count it as a "first deer" if it jumped off a cliff! Sounds like the deer committed suicide.[/align][/align][/align] Just kidding ya ..........Congratulation on your first deer [/align]
Old 12-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks everyone! It feels good to get my first deer ever and get that monkey off my back!

I was hunting on the groundlate yesterday, a spike and a doe came walking past at about 30 yards. The doe spotted me and took off, the spike started running, but stopped broadside in my shooting lane and I took the shot with my Hawkens 50 cal percussion.

I gave Lefty26 a call for advice, thengave it about 15 minutes beforestarting to track,started getting dark. Ilost the blood trail after about 20 yards,did a search of the area but saw nothing.

Lefty met me out there this morning, and after checking for a couple of minutes,yells to me that he found the deer. It had jumped/fallen off a 20 foot cliff and was laying at the bottom. The coyotes had tore up the hind quarters a bit, but for the most part the deer was intact. It was a spike with one antler that looks like it was broken off early in the season. Dressed weight was 94 pounds.

Thanks to everyone on the board who answered my stupid questions over the last few years as well as my hunting buddies who I met on the forums.

-Rick C.

Old 12-27-2005, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! Its nice to see not everyone is using an inline today! Thats a nice fat buck, what county did you get him in?
Old 12-27-2005, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Bionicrooster

Congrats! Its nice to see not everyone is using an inline today! Thats a nice fat buck, what county did you get him in?
Got him in Frederick County Maryland.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Typical Buck

That's my old neck of the woods I lived in Gaitherburg/Germantown for 8+ years. My best friend and I still make a trip back each year the first week of November to our old hunting grounds for a week of bow. I've taken a fewbirds in Fredrick Countyandall my best turkeys were out ofWashington County! I fact my first turkey ever was in southern part ofFredrick County.He flew from a cliffthat was behind me up themountian and landed almost on my lap. Man do I miss those days of living down there. I only miss the hunting!NOT the traffic! I grew upjust over the PA line in Fairfield where I still have family.

Congratulations again!

Quick Reply: Congratulations to RickC on his first deer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.