Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Should i trust the nj guys >

Should i trust the nj guys

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Should i trust the nj guys

Old 12-13-2005, 11:55 AM

Default RE: Should i trust the nj guys

Im thinking of puting up a lockon tree stand in a wma in central/southern nj.Do you thinkthis is a good idea?Also should i risk my trail cam there?
Your opinion greatly appreciated
Not a good idea at all. Your best bet is to keep it moble. Climbers, ground blinds etc. Anything left out more than 48 hours wont be there long after that.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

now that just about everyone owns a battery powered sawzall or bolt cutter i dont think theres much you can do. the first stand i had stolen made my heart sink so bad i thought about giving up hunting the area for a while. if you must leave a stand just mentally prepare yourself that someone is going to take it so it wont bother you as much. in those type areas i use my cheapo clearance 25 dollar after season ladder stands. I CANT BELIEVE IN THIS DAY AND AGE THAT PEOPLE STEAL DEER STANDS. they are cheap as dirt and stealing one is about the lowest form of sportsman.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:54 PM

In an added note. I did leave my ground blind out over night and guess what? GONE. I was hunting/photographing deer one night, it started to pour rain. I stayed till dark anyway. I was coming back in the A.M. anyway. I was late getting there the next day. I arrived at 7:15am it got light at 6:45am mind you. Do you believe it was gone, and not a truck at the parking area either. I could not believe it. Not a soul, I though new I was there. They a) came in at night or b) showed up early and found it by mistake. It was even staked down which unless it windy never do. Chalk it up the the rain as I always take it out with me. I just figured I'd let it dry. But, in the long run I got soaked for about $75.00. Oh! Well. They never will get my loc-ons.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:35 PM

were do you get your stands for 25 bucks.the cheapest i found was a lockon for 50 which i use now and its actualy pretty good
Old 12-13-2005, 09:14 PM

I don't get mine for $25.00, I pay more for mine Chippewa Loc-on the best there is. I have seen some in the Sportmans Guide for like $39.99
Old 12-14-2005, 12:57 PM

yea i get alot of my hunting stuff on ebay like , Trailcam,scents,calls,bow,broadheads,cloths,ects. pretty good prices espicaly after the hunting season is over and the holidays are over.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

I would use a climber if I were you!!!! Too many dirtbags in this world with no respect for other peoples stuff! I've had someone try and steal a stand from me but they couldn't get through the cable with their knife! They tried like Hell though!!!! Must of stabbed that poor tree 100 times!!!