Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Mountain lion in PA   RUMOR?? >

Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

Old 12-09-2005, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

We did this in NY a couple weeks ago hear - Pa's turn again.

Still waiting for the photo that never, never, ever gets posted.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Bionicrooster

Heard a story from a guy I know and trust, that a mountain lion was killed in Tioga county and had a State farm Ins tattoo. Story seems to be a little far fetched to me but you never know these days. Remembered a post about coyotes in PA that were supposedly bought by State Farm Ins. Just wondering if anyone else heard this same story.
Now tell me why state farm would TATTOO their company name on this cat???? I can't believe anyone would even REMOTELY believe this, much les post it. All that said I saw a grizzly in NJ the other day that told he switched to GEICO, good news for him!
I believe they can exist in PA, hell it's a big state with a lot of territory etc...but until I see one for mysefl...then people can call me crazy too...

I totally agree with your response, to think they are tattoo'd....please, think before we spread unrealistic rumors....[8D][:-] [&:]
Old 12-09-2005, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

a few of my close friends go to penn state , they said that the biology section gets to go up to the moutains behing the school on like labs...well they found what appears to be a den , its a big cave he said in a rock hillside , he found tracks of what he said looked to be mt lion , and they found bones from a deer or something outside , i believe they r around...

Also about the indiana thing , there was an article in the one campus magazine about a guy supposibly spotting a lion on opening day of gun season.

Lastly the guy taht owns the baitshop by my camp in mckean county has a pic from like 1992 or so of a cat down by the rock bluffs on kinzua creeks south branch, if i make it to camp ill try to see if he still has it and maybe scan it

Old 12-09-2005, 09:16 AM

i was talking to a friend and i told him that i had seen a bobcat while hunting near state college. He said that he had only seen one bobcat as well but had seen a mountain lion. There are some...no doubt
Old 12-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

After reading the responces earlier this year "what animal is this" thread. I doubt alot of people can tell the difference between a large Bobcat and a mountain even from a picture. Especially just from tracks.

To even remotely believe an Insurance company would Tatoo it's name on a Mountain Lion you would have to be drinking everclear for a few days.

Double Lung, From what I've read ML, will seldom use a den or a cave.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, agreed, they can exist there, just not tattood by the insurance company!
Old 12-10-2005, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

bwahahahahahaahahahahahhaahhahaahah!
Old 12-10-2005, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

No...they were not released by the Game Commission

No.... they weren't released by insurance companies either

YES... they are here in Pennsylvania

Several years ago a news crew for KDKA went to interview a lady that said there were cougars on her property. As they were doing the interview of her standing on her porch, some with the news crew said " Look, over there" They panned the camera off of the lady and shot some video of a large cougar looking cat stepping into the wood line... I wish there was someone that had that piece of video. That was at least 20 years ago. When I saw that I was convinced. It was a long time ago.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

moose you're loving this post way too much
Old 12-10-2005, 08:31 PM

I wonder if someof you guys even read the post before responding thatI am spreading rumors. I simply asked the question if anyone else heard of this RUMOR. Story seemed to far fetched to me so I asked if anyone else had heard it.

Quick Reply: Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.