Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA 27pt !!!!!!

Old 12-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default PA 27pt !!!!!!

http://www.hunt101.com/img/351976.jpg

i hope this pic works.

I got this today at work, the story i heard was it was shot at Howard Dam
and this area hasent been open for hunting in a very long time. this year they opened it for a few in a lotto thing. its a 27pt HUGE BUCK.
has anyone heard anything more about it?
Old 12-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA 27pt !!!!!!

Amazing what a little age will do for a buck.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats right down the road from me. That area has always carried a few nice bucks yearly. The area you are referring to is around Foster Joseph Sayers Dam, Bald Eagle State Park. Lots of swamp land and good food sources in there. Also extremely thick. These deer are more or less like pets in there honestly. I've personally seen people outside their cars throwing corn to them as they stood along the roads around the lake.

Awesome buck nonetheless.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:34 AM

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

Thats right down the road from me. That area has always carried a few nice bucks yearly. The area you are referring to is around Foster Joseph Sayers Dam, Bald Eagle State Park. Lots of swamp land and good food sources in there. Also extremely thick. These deer are more or less like pets in there honestly. I've personally seen people outside their cars throwing corn to them as they stood along the roads around the lake.

Awesome buck nonetheless.
This buck is from the State Park, it is legitimate. However, the deerr in the park are not like pets. I spend alot of time that park running, walking, and camping and i have never seen anyone throwing corn to the deer stading along side the road. maybe years ago before they opened it up to hunting, but not now.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW!!! That is one huge buck! Congrats to the lucky hunter.

Gotta love how he's got the antlers tied up so they don't rock around and break off....I know I'd do the same thing.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yipes - somebody finally killed Bullwinkle and killed it in PA - the land of NO DEER That is one mighty fine animal.You can bet the guy that took it is probably still catching his breathe.

Off Topic;
Wonder if the guy rode thru town with his t-gate down to show off this poor dead animal I bet he had his t-gate down.

Just a joke folks
Old 12-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Great buck!
Old 12-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

couldn't imagine seeing that deer I'd probably faint and not get a shot at that deer
Old 12-07-2005, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

AJ- there is one stoplight in that town and i can bet he was sitting at it w/ the back down showing it off. i know i would have. also why would you say "the land of no deer" in this case. this place is not your standard SGL's or anything. i fish the lake there and i do see people feeding deer and the deer not to afraid of them. still dont matter that is one heck of a buck. that guy will never top that one
Old 12-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.