Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 see if I get ahead of them today >

see if I get ahead of them today

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

see if I get ahead of them today

Old 12-05-2005, 02:46 AM

Default see if I get ahead of them today

Fri and sat went to my stand to get there to late and kicked the deer heading to their beds.Sat went a bit early and still kicked them.But they was diffently big bucks 2 of them together.FriI just seen the big bodies but couldn't see the heads as they bolted.But sat I got to see the head gear and they are 2 nice looking racks.They hit the laurel so fast it was impossible to get a shot off on them. So today I am goanna get in to the stand before they get to close to their beds.Hopefully everything will go well and finally get a close up of one of these monsters.I been kicking them at about 6:45 satand 6:55 on friday I believe if I get in my stand by 6:15 I will be able to give praise for one of them big boys.It will be close to legal shooting time maybe 5 minutes off by the time they reach their bedding area.They have been like 100yrds away from the beds when kicked them,So if I don't spook them today and make a circle below my stand and come up below it I should have some venison soon in the future.Been craveing for some back straps for a while now.And these 2 deers would make 6 I seen since monday,The other 4 was doe and I am hunting private property to.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: see if I get ahead of them today

If you have been seeing them in early morning, get in the woods and set up an hour before legal shooting time. That way when legal shooting time comes all will have quieted down around you. I did not go this morning but when ever i go hunting i like to be in the woods at least an hour before shooting time starts. I feel it gives me an edge.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:06 PM

hey fruit loops what area are you hunting in can you get there any earlire then 5am
Old 12-05-2005, 04:11 PM

Just got back and I didn't see a single deer all day.Not even them 2 bucks and I was in my stand by 6:15 today and I didn't spook a single animal. I hunt in central Pa. And Yes I can get to my stand by 5 but the only problem is I would freeze to death by shooting time.LOL I did manage not to get up and lift my feet up and down till about 8:30. I do need to get me some new boots and gloves though,Well mittens anyway,they keep my hands alot warmer. I don't know if getting there earlier would help any.I was on my stand till 11:15 and then went ate and changed my socks and was back in my stand by 1:00 not a single deer or no fresh tracks other than a bobcats.Tomorro is another day and I will give it another go though.This is sad though,No deer to look at to bring your spirits up.I was really sure I would of seen them 2 bucks but it didn't happen today.They are very nice racked bucks and big heavy bodies though.What gets me is that they are running together.I hope they arn'tgay that will hurt the deer population more.LOL
Old 12-06-2005, 04:00 PM

Repeat of yesterday,Notta deer no new tracks.Well they better show soon or I am notgoanna play fair anymore.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Typical Buck

You might wanna pack a lunch and extra clothes so you can stay all day. You'd be suprised the deer you might be missing mid-day when you leave for those few hours. What part of Central Pa are you from, I live near Raystown.

Zach
Old 12-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm usually in my stand by a little after 5:30am this time of year. If you KNOW they're beating you in there, you gotta go in MUCH earlier. I'd feel like I screwed up if I got in there that late.