Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Bigger Bucks in Pa., where? >

Bigger Bucks in Pa., where?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Bigger Bucks in Pa., where?

Old 12-01-2005, 09:39 PM

Default RE: Bigger Bucks in Pa., where?

My point was that geneitics has a very large part of antler growth. And for the people who said about mature bucks of 4 and 5yrs of age.You are correct on growth for them. But without them mature bucks you are not goanna see an increase in antler growth in the years to come.
Those deer have less of a chance now for survival than they did before the restriction came out. Average life of a buck in the wild before restriction was 3 1/2 yrs I am saying it is now goanna be 2 1/2. You got all these new extended seasons that is wipeing the deer heards out.
The people who hunted for the meat didn't care about the size of antlers.Now they have to shoot a bigger buck then before. That leads to the average life span being lowered. You got75% morehunters in the woods looking for higher than restrictions buck than they actually want to.I say 75% of hunters are meat hunters not trophy hunters.

I have to say this.There is something going on here that don't add up.
Why would they raise the restriction of antlers to take more mature bucks out that would have a chance to reach 3 or 4 yrs of age along with wipeing the doe population out at the same time. Maybe it's all part of a future plan for the gun owners of this free country.

Old 12-01-2005, 09:49 PM

krockus, Maybe we can hook up sometime and do some recreational drugs together sometime. LMFAO
Old 12-02-2005, 01:18 AM

I myself have not seen any improvement in the antler size. But I have seen a big decline in the deer population though.Thats all I got to say about this subject for now.I don't want to get on a rant here.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

NO NO FELLOWS...the "PGC" said there would be BIG MASSIVE BUCKS that were 2 1/2, 3 1/2 and 4 !/2 years old and that the racks would be so big we'd forget about those spikes and fours and 6's and 8's....NOW you all be good little boys and listen to those biologists that are in touch with the hunters,,,they are there now, go find them...and if by chance you see a single doe-kill her also-these big old mature bucks reproduce hermaphrodritically, on their own--they are that strong....OH yeah while your looking for those mature bucks, if you see any land that NOT "POSTED" remind the landowner to quickly get those signs up...the "PGC" has do much to do, you watch your own land now...HAVE WE BEEN BAMBOZZLED or WHAT...these are sorry times..how are these bucks going to reproduce, the lowest ever amount of does live here now, the insurance companies and the timber co's would surely like to thank the PGC for their support..the hunters, well--who really cares anyway, we are all so stupid we keep buying all their licenses and listening to their propoganda!!
Old 12-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

????

This is a Code RED Nonsensical Rant Alert!!!

Get out your tin foil hats and strap 'em up, boys.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

YIKES!
Old 12-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

????

This is a Code RED Nonsensical Rant Alert!!!

Get out your tin foil hats and strap 'em up, boys.
This warning is brought to you by a down town "wish I were a lawyer"
And I know your land better than you deer hunter.

Since you city boys still have deer keep running your mouths .When the rest of your land has houses built on them & you have to join the real world and hunt deer in the woods .You too will find they are not there any more.
I hope the hell you are happy to looking at cucumber roots & neotropical birds cause thats what were in for.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awww, Jimmy, let's all have you a little pity party.

Wahhhhhhhhhhh

Old 12-03-2005, 08:22 PM

Well boys, bigger bucks in PA? Yep, ask any taxidermist. Bigger racks for the deers age? Yep. I am seeing yearling bucks with spikes, not just buttons any more. Need more proof. Here is a buck that my best friend shot this morning. 10 points, 20" outside spread........ aged at 2-1/2 years old. I'd say that is pretty impressive for ANYWHERE.

Old 12-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt northern centre/southern clinton co's and the herd there in my opinion is in a sorry state of offairs.! My family and I built enclosed,,heated treestands years & years ago so we could sit all day everyday,,we have shooting lanes from he!!,,some 300 yds long,,,we logged in over 60 hours this past week in the stands individually and we didnt see squat! My son missed a 6pt. monday morning(fogged lifted and i had just enough time to open the window ,,jam the gun out,,and he took the shot) that was the only deer i saw the rest of the week! My other family members saw a few does here & there on the other side of the mountain but the #'s were under 10 deer for the week. Our group did kill 2 bucks,,a 7pt 20"wide and a 9pt 19" wide,,,great bucks no doubt,,,but not one fawn seen all week. I dont care what anyone says,,you can have all the genetics in the world,,but if you have no does,,you have no fawns,,no fawns means no booner bucks.In closing i guess i'll admit that AR is working for now but HR is going to crush the whole plan

Quick Reply: Bigger Bucks in Pa., where?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.