Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Bear season coming up >

PA Bear season coming up

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Bear season coming up

Old 11-14-2005, 04:06 PM

Default PA Bear season coming up

Hey guys...just wondering whos all going bear hunting in PA in a couple weeks. Cant wait here. I'll be up in clearfield county. Hopin to get that #400
Old 11-14-2005, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA Bear season coming up

If you go bear hunting in a couple weeks you are going to miss it completely.. It is next Monday.....
Old 11-14-2005, 04:41 PM

lol thanks for the update...november sure is flying
I know its the 21st through the 23rd
Old 11-14-2005, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Dad and I are going out for the first time this year. I'm PUMPED!!! Were are going to SGL 75 in Lycoming County.

Any tips that I should know before we head out?
Old 11-15-2005, 05:03 AM

Not too long ago it would not have been possible for me to hunt bears out of our hunting camp in southern Huntingdon county. We have a bunch of bears around here now, and three of us will be in camp for the three days. I will be making bear stew (meat from a British Columbia black killed this September).

Our chances are just as good as those who hunt the more traditional bear woods counties. I have seen two bears during archery season, one of which was a real boomer. I am sure we will have a great time, even if we don't get one.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be hunting them as well as buck and doe during the first 3 days of rifle season in 3B. I may also run up and hunt Carbon County for a day next week. I got one in 1996 so I know it's possible (although most of the time it feels like it's not).
Old 11-15-2005, 12:24 PM

Heading to Centre county, Black Moshannon State Forest. Supposed to be some around there. Hope the acorns are pentiful.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:55 AM
Typical Buck

HEADED TO ELK COUNTY ABOUT 8 MILES OUT OF MARIENVILLE. MY BROTHER WAS UP AT CAMP THIS WEEKEND AND TALKED TO THE GAME COMMISSION. THEY WERE TRAPPING BEAR OUT AROUND THE CAMPS[:@]. THEY SAID THERE WERE 11 DIFFERENT BEAR RUNNING AROUND THE CAMPS AND THAT THEY HAVE CAUGHT 4. MY QUESTION IS WHY WOULD THEY BE TRAPPING BEAR NOW WHEN THE SEASON IS LESS THAN A WEEK AWAY. NO ONE LIVES UP THERE YEAR ROUND SO NOBODY WOULD BE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE BEARS FOR THE GC TO BE TRAPPING THEM OUT. I GUESS THE GC REALLY DOESNT WANT US TO KILL MANY BEAR.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:50 AM

WILL BE HUNTING CARBON COUNTY NOV 27-30 WILL BE HUNTING 28-30 EX SEASON FOR BEAR....
Old 11-16-2005, 03:57 PM

im leaving for bear camp in warren on friday. ill be up there till monday. tuesday and wednesday im huntging around home on SGL 69. cant wait.

Quick Reply: PA Bear season coming up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.