Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sad Sad story

Old 11-14-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Sad Sad story

ran into a couple guys from Maryland up in Moosehead Maine this past weekend. They were crying the blues about a monster buck they could not find after tracking it for 7 miles through the forest. I asked them if they shot it with a spitball gun and they replied with a straight face.."I knocked him down 2 times with a 300 win mag"... I almost laughed in his face. It's really not funny but you just have to love the inexperience that just oozes from some people.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sad Sad story

7 miles huh. With a rifle like that if their aim was true maybe they have two dead deer out there.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: salty

ran into a couple guys from Maryland up in Moosehead Maine this past weekend. They were crying the blues about a monster buck they could not find after tracking it for 7 miles through the forest. I asked them if they shot it with a spitball gun and they replied with a straight face.."I knocked him down 2 times with a 300 win mag"... I almost laughed in his face. It's really not funny but you just have to love the inexperience that just oozes from some people.
well unless they were talking about last year, they shouldnt have been using a 300 win mag anyway, gun season doesnt open until the Sat after thanksgiving.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:17 AM

Ughh, I think gun season in Maine has already started.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

my bad, I was thinking that they meant they shot the deer in Maryland. oh well, dont think all of us MD hunters are bad shots
Old 11-16-2005, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

Wow! shot it in maryland and tracked it all the way to maine. They are some dedicated hunters. j/k
Old 11-18-2005, 05:46 AM

LMAO...
Old 11-18-2005, 09:33 AM

I have gotten allot of deer since I started hunting and here in NY where I hunt until this year we were only allowed to use slug guns or Archery - I hunt both and have never had to track a deer over 100 yrds. Some have been tough to find when they get in the thick stuff but it's all in the shot placement.

I arrorwed one buck that spun around jumped in the air and when he hit the ground he fell over and never got up. That's the quickest I have ever seen a deer go down gun or bow. Double Lunged him with 100 grain crimson talon broadhead.

With a .300 win mag the deer shouldn't have even took a step if the shot placement was good. - Better get out to the range and stop relying on the bench rest for shooting accuracy.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first archery buck fell over and died right there. Didn't take two steps.
With a 300 win mag any deer should die within sight, if not sooner. Probably shot it in the hindquarters. I've seen guys do that more than I have liked. Saw a big buck when I was a kid, couldn't get a shot,and the guy over the hill shot it in the rear...he never found it. Me was mad!
Old 11-18-2005, 02:58 PM

ORIGINAL: livbucks

My first archery buck fell over and died right there. Didn't take two steps.
With a 300 win mag any deer should die within sight, if not sooner. Probably shot it in the hindquarters. I've seen guys do that more than I have liked. Saw a big buck when I was a kid, couldn't get a shot,and the guy over the hill shot it in the rear...he never found it. Me was mad!
you sure I dont know you??? sounds like something that happened to my cousin about 3 years ago.. Some jack off shot this ENORMOUS buck in the ass just because he had no better shot.. He knew other people were watching him and waiting for a decent shot and he ran right out into the field blazing with a .308 woodsmaster.. What a jerk and I am glad he moved out of state

Quick Reply: Sad Sad story

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.