Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DE Shotgun Season Opener >

DE Shotgun Season Opener

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE Shotgun Season Opener

Old 11-10-2005, 05:52 PM

Default DE Shotgun Season Opener

Looks like a nice day tomorrow. I'll be in the tree sun up til sun down if need be. Good Luck to all. Be safe and post results here!
Old 11-11-2005, 09:55 AM

Default RE: DE Shotgun Season Opener

Finally! Got a BB at 7:30am this morning. 25 yd shot with 00 Buck. Dropped him in his tracks. Field dressed about 75lb. My dad saw a doe but it never came in range. One of the other guys that hunts with us got a 5 pt right at first light.

Fair amount of shooting but I expected more since it was such a nice morning.

Im going to relax and this afternoon and sleep in tomorrow AM. I'll head out tomorrow evening in search of something a little bigger. It'll be so nice to throw some venison on the grill again after a 2 year hiatus.

How'd everyone else fair?
Old 11-11-2005, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

1st time in decades I've been unable to hunt on opening day "Morning"(A bummer).
Nobody on our farm shot AM or PM.One guy passed on a 4 pnt in morning. I got in stand at 3:25pm.At 4:50 pm shot a very nice 7pnt in marsh at around 85yrds.Just short of 16" spread and about 180-185 (on the hoof). Not a trophy but a respectable deer,I'm satisfied - for now.There is a real monster on farm(have pics) that I would love to get in my x-hairs.

That makes 2 does and Buck so far.I'm taking a break Sat morning(Sleep).Maybe hunt in afternoon.Might take a doe and donate to charity.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:36 PM

I got in stand at 3:25pm.At 4:50 pm shot a very nice 7pnt in marsh at around 85yrds.Just short of 16" spread and about 180-185 (on the hoof). Not a trophy but a respectable deer,
Nice job AJ! Way to go!
Old 11-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've been in Md hunting since Thur (10th) and returned home(Del) today. Fri when I talked to my wife she said there was 2 trucksat a neighbours house that had hugh bucks in them and a gang of people looking them over. I didn't know guns had opened but figured it had after she told me of these bucks. Will try to find out where they came from but I don't know the people but if I see them outside the house I will surely inquire.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:48 PM

Was out today from 2:30 til dark. Same stand as yesterday. Saw 1 deer on the farm across the way and that was all. The guy across from me shot at 5pm. Figured I was done at that point. The weather people screwed up the wind forecast again, but i'm getting used to that. Never thought I'd be dealing with so many SE winds this time of year. Freaky weather.

I'll be out Monday and Tuesday evening weather permitting.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:54 AM

Congragulations AJ52 and Duck on the deer, it's just not my year. I did not get drawn for White Clay creek's morning hunt on Friday, but I did for the evening. The stand on either side of me got a doe, and I didn't see a thing. My buddy scoreda 6pt. in the morning though. Saturday I was at my buddies place, and I had two working the hedgerow towards my stand. I first saw them at about 250yds, and they were comming right for me, when at about 80yds they dipped in to the woods, they weren't spooked or anything, just bad luck. They normally would work directly towards the stand, and cross into another field on a path about 20yds from the stand. They dipped into the woods durring the 10yds a tree branch was blocking there veiw. Uhh, I could of took one of them at 85yds, but I wanted to wait for the 20yd shoot. It's just not my year. I will be out early next week, hopefully.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Two of the guys got nice does on the farm and the boss got a beautiful 10 pt buck on one of the other farms we till. I didnt get a shot yet but will get out again this week, had to stop to let 2 cross the road opening night at M&M on that sharp curve. or get lhit.. too late to shoot.

Old 11-13-2005, 06:19 PM

Looks like Im going to have to adjust my plans again for the weather. Its a good thing I have a flexible job. Tuesdays not looking good, so i'll switch up to Thursday. Im holding out hope the wind wont swing east tomorrow before nightfall. I was thinking of switching to Friday but going Thurs - Sat is alot of driving. Its 100 miles round trip each time I go.

Keep the reports coming!
Old 11-13-2005, 11:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

A friedn of one of our club members got this big boy, 184 pounds dressed 9 point!

Quick Reply: DE Shotgun Season Opener

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.