Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Last Day of PA Archery - Who's In? >

Last Day of PA Archery - Who's In?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Last Day of PA Archery - Who's In?

Old 11-10-2005, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Last Day of PA Archery - Who's In?

Who's going and where? I can't get up to camp (Sullivan County) this Saturday so I'm going to spend a few hours in the morning in a small wood lot near my house in Montgomery County. I have a doe tag as well. I'll take a doe or a buck that's bigger than my biggest. I want to save my buck tag for deer camp.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Last Day of PA Archery - Who's In?

I'm going out Friday and Saturday all day both days. I'm the only one left in my Family who hasn't scored on a buck this year. I passed on about three legal bucks this year so far. I saw a huge 8 but he stayed out. I grunted at him and he ignored me. If I pull it off it will be the first year that deer camp gets cancelled because we limited out in archery. Even so I won't shoot a buck that isn't good enough to warrant the Taxidermists fee. These dang AR's have really messed with my head! Too many bucks to pick from.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:05 AM

Going here around home. Nice stiff wind today not sure if i will go or hit it tomorrow when it is calmer.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

anyone think it'll be too windy tomm? (NW, 10-20 mph).

i've been snakebit this year, rained on/deluged 3 times, and gusty once. i haven't given up, i just wanna hit a day when conditions are in my favor.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:47 AM

went out this morning and wow was the wind howling i was in my stand blowing all over the place wasn't a good day for hunting left at 9 am didn't see anything.. well i hope to hunt the farm this sat if its all windy i will just go in the am then maybe go back up in the pm won't stay all day will go to the gun show...
Old 11-10-2005, 08:56 AM

I am going out this weekend but to film and hopefully get a shot at a deer for my uncle. I have filled all of my PA tags so I am going to try and be there when somebody else fills theirs. Good luck to you guys this weekend. The deer are really starting to get active so it should be a good one.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I took all my deer already , so i mght help my buddy get one this sat! maybe some rattling for him , or some mini drives inbetween the housing developements!
Old 11-11-2005, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm heading out Saturday morning and evening. There's a woodlot accross the street from my parents house that has a monster hanging around. Saw him at 50 yards and many others have seen him in the fields at night. He's a typical 12 with roughly 14" g2s and the g3s aren't much shorter. I'll be set up on his rub line all day so hopefully he comes through.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:45 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Bearklr
When is the season over in PA for archery?Can you not archery hunt during rifle or muzzleloader season their ? Just wondering, cause most of my team#4 is from PA , LOL []
Old 11-11-2005, 10:17 AM

You can archery hunt during the rifle season, but honestly don't think many do cause so many hunters in the woods the first few days. Archey does comes back in the day after Christmas for 3 weeks, same as traditional muzzleloader.