Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

taconic ny

Old 11-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default taconic ny

anybody hunt this land in ny?i have in the past but its been a few yrs now.just curious how its going.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: taconic ny

You should clarify...I believe you are talking about Taconic State Park area..is that correct?
Old 11-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

yes

what else is there?
Old 11-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buck,

The term "Taconic" is used in that area as a general term, often refering to any place on the Taconic State Parkway. It can also be the town of Lake Taconic etc.

In any case I just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same before I responded.

Although I have not hunted that exact piece of land, I hunt many areas not far from there.

Generally speaking I believe the deer herd is in great shape. I usually apply for doe tags in 3f, which is of course on the other side of the Taconic State parkway. This year once again it was no problem getting 2 doe tags for that area as the state agrees with my assesment that there are plenty of deer.

As far as looking for wallhangers, I believe there are a couple of places in nearby Pine Plains that are known for holding some older bucks.

Hopes this helps..

BTW.. the buck under my name on the left was taken close by that area...
Old 11-10-2005, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt Lake Taconic State Park. I hunted the last 2 weekends there. I saw a 4pt. maybe 50 yards away. Then last Sunday saw another 4pt. No shots though. I'm going this weekend. Sure hope the action heats up! At least I have been seeing deer.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:42 AM
jf5

How crowded are these areas durig the gun season??
Old 11-10-2005, 01:54 PM

Crazy, i doubt its even safe. Too many city people that are trigger happy and have no idea what they are doin.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

As far as looking for wallhangers, I believe there are a couple of places in nearby Pine Plains that are known for holding some older bucks.
i think one of my college buddies lives in pine plains, he always mentions the taconic parkway too, i wonder if he has any land to hunt...
Old 11-11-2005, 11:30 AM
jf5

ORIGINAL: superflyhunter

Crazy, i doubt its even safe. Too many city people that are trigger happy and have no idea what they are doin.
OK Thanks
Old 11-11-2005, 05:49 PM

lol way to be chartgirl... Feel free to show up in the taconic, its not 3n or 3g but take me on my word, there are a lot of unsafe hunters arround there. So dont be suprised if your walking to your stand and someone drops the hammer on you because all they see is movement. I'd hunt there if everything i owned was spray painted hunter orange.

Quick Reply: taconic ny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.