Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Summer huntin' havin' some fun >

Summer huntin' havin' some fun

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Summer huntin' havin' some fun

Old 11-05-2005, 09:13 AM

Default Summer huntin' havin' some fun

It's 70 in Northern WV right now and I guess I'm going to head out and try to hunt the evening, Glad I invested in the dream season suit in the offseason, oughta lose about 5 lbs this afternoon. Supposed to be a few showers late afternoon and ealry evening, so hopefully the does will try to feed a bit, and the bucks will be chasing them. I'll let y'all know what I see.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:57 AM

Default RE: Summer huntin' havin' some fun

well, what happened?
Old 11-07-2005, 08:06 AM

Default RE: Summer huntin' havin' some fun

Go figure. This is a new property for me and I only got permission to hunt it a few days after the season started so I never scouted. So far I've taken a doe, and seen some spikes and button bucks, Still 60+ degrees and in broad daylight about 4:30, a perfect heavy 10 point about 5 inches outside each ear came walking the bench below me at about 40 yards with sapplings and a thicket between us. He had my heart beating likeit was my first day in a tree. Kind of deer I always dreamed about shooting.I needed him to continue on his trail, butgrunting just wasn't doing it. I needed about 6 more steps up the hill and instead he went out the bench. Saw another couple does, spike and a fork. Nonetheless, that is a huge buck for NorthCent WV. Now I just gotta figure out how to get him. Been sick to my stomach for two days, and can't stop thinkin' about him.Going to try to hunt tomorrow.