Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Rut in MD

Old 11-05-2005, 06:37 AM

Default Rut in MD

Any news of the rut in MD, exspecially the eastern shore ?
Old 11-06-2005, 11:31 AM

Default RE: Rut in MD

soon, had a basket 6 come into my first series of grunts last night, the bucks are ready, but i havn't seen any chasin does yet.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Had a buck chashing a doe and grunting the whole time yesterday right at daybreak. Another week yet before it really gets going.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Had a 6 pointer just into range (quartering to) on Friday. He came in pretty slow like he wasn't full out seeking. Also, I could hear forever and nothing else. If I had to guess, I'd say at least a week away, which is later than I've witnessed action during most years.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

My bro-in-law called me Sunday morning (Nov 6) about 8:30 AM and said he just saw the biggest buck ever in broad daylight. So, I guess depending on what area you are in the big boys are starting to show their faces. Don't know whether to take time off this week or wait until next. These temps aren't the best.

Old 11-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Hopeing it will be in full swing this weekend for the youth hunt. Love to see my 2 boys 12 & 14 get their 1st deer.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

Seen on the news last night that a deer ran into a mall and into a shoe store. I think that is a good indication of the rut. what do you guys think? lol
Old 11-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's going on strong now. I'm seeing more bucks than does these days. Normally, these areas are practically all does. I've been seeing chasing for two weeks and hearing grunting for 3 weeks. The scrapes are starting to cover with leaves in one area, meaning breeding may be getting started. And there's new scrapes and new rubs here around my place--that's normal around here.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Spike

RUt is kickin here on kent island....Had my deer target rammed over yesterday by a six pointer.... They are chasing the does all around!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

My son had a couple of spikes sparring around his stand and another hunter in the club had a small 4 pointer making a scrape out in front of his stand tonight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.