Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NJ state record BOW >

NJ state record BOW

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NJ state record BOW

Old 11-08-2005, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NJ state record BOW

Sorry guys I don't normally get into pissing matches, but I also don't see anything wrong with Arlow's statements. He didn't direct any kind of derogatory remarks towards anyone, he only stated his opinion. Like it or not, it should be respected.

I see nothing wrong with a x-bow. They're not as easily a kill as everyone says they are. One thing, there is never a second shot.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had decided this thread was best left alone. However I will reply to the open statements left remaining.

ORIGINAL: jerseyhunter
I also noticed similiar comments made by you on other threads on this site
That is exactly true Jersey, and I will explain to you why.If you read my posts you should have understood they were refering to one specific individual, in fact the sameperson in both instances.

For anyone who is not aware, I started a thread that was receiving a positive response form numerous members. Arlow, did not agree with the subject matter of the post because it involved discussing baiting.

He then went on to call ...Deleted by CalHunter... other derogatory names for discussing the subject, despite the fact that the entire thread had been pleasant up to the point that he began making comments.

Just prove the fact that he wanted to carry the disruptionand personal attacks beyond the original post hefelt the need tocreate the following post in this thread.

And who cares if it was baited either? ...Deleted by CalHunter...
He had no purpose in writing the post other than to make to another derogatory comment towards me,in a manner thatother members would not have realized.

Obviously it may not have been clear to other members readingthis threadthatmy postswere directly refering to Arlow, and in particular to his actions from this and another post. However, I was doing my best to not call him out by name.

I appologize to any other members, who may have been unhappy about my comments. However, I do not take it lightly when a new member joins this board and immediately starts attacking me personally simply because he doesn't like a topic that I was involved in. If that wasn't bad enough, he then thoughtit would be appropraite to carry those hostilities over to a completely unrelated thread.

In hind site I should have gone with my original thought and referedthis issue to the moderators.

Old 11-08-2005, 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: jcchartboy

I had decided this thread was best left alone. However I will reply to the open statements left remaining.

ORIGINAL: jerseyhunter
I also noticed similiar comments made by you on other threads on this site
That is exactly true Jersey, and I will explain to you why.If you read my posts you should have understood they were refering to one specific individual, in fact the sameperson in both instances.

For anyone who is not aware, I started a thread that was receiving a positive response form numerous members. Arlow, did not agree with the subject matter of the post because it involved discussing baiting.

He then went on to call ...Deleted by CalHunter... other derogatory names for discussing the subject, despite the fact that the entire thread had been pleasant up to the point that he began making comments.

Just prove the fact that he wanted to carry the disruptionand personal attacks beyond the original post hefelt the need tocreate the following post in this thread.

And who cares if it was baited either? ...Deleted by CalHunter...
He had no purpose in writing the post other than to make to another derogatory comment towards me,in a manner thatother members would not have realized.

Obviously it may not have been clear to other members readingthis threadthatmy postswere directly refering to Arlow, and in particular to his actions from this and another post. However, I was doing my best to not call him out by name.

I appologize to any other members, who may have been unhappy about my comments. However, I do not take it lightly when a new member joins this board and immediately starts attacking me personally simply because he doesn't like a topic that I was involved in. If that wasn't bad enough, he then thoughtit would be appropraite to carry those hostilities over to a completely unrelated thread.

In hind site I should have gone with my original thought and referedthis issue to the moderators.

Again incorrect.

My original post on this thread called noone in particular out. You just took it that way.Some people are sensitive like that I guess. The pics of the deer were posted andthe next 3 posts are basicallyanti X-bow. That was the basis of my comment although I do admit I though the baiting question was odd at the least.

...Deleted by CalHunter...

Whether the deer was taken with a X-bow, rifle, or over bait with a rockdropped from the stand, as long as it was taken legallyit is a damn nice deer and congrats to the hunter.......End of story.

Jersey, JoeD and others that see my point thanks for your support.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well Arlow once again that is a very nice attempt at defaming me. I am happy that you believe that can judge anyoneon this board the way you want regardless of fact.

For the members who are actually interested in fact, and would like to knowwhat comments I have made on this boardconcerningcrossbows that would put me on the "wrong side" of"Arlows fence"I invite you to use the search function. Simply type in my name and cross reference crossbow. You can search every one of my 600 posts. Any post I have made where I use the word crossbow is publicly available.

After reading my comments on crossbows you can decide for yourself if Arlows numerous attempts to paint me as "anti crossbow" have any basis in fact.

Here isa link to that search..
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/searchpro.aspx?phrase=crossbow&author=Jcchartb oy&forumid=ALL&topicreply=both&message =body&timeframe=%3E&timefilter=0&langu age=single&top=300&criteria=AND&submit button=+OK+

As you can see I have commented on crossbows only 2 times out of 597 posts.

Here are my exact statements...

uote:

Jcc, could not find anything on Muzzle Loading.

"NJ Note:We ship air rifles, air pistols, crossbows & muzzleloaders to NJ only if sent to a New Jersey Federal Firearms License FFL holder (gunshop). You must have a NJ Firearms I.D. Card to have the airgun transferred to you in NJ, and usually must pay the FFL holder a small transfer fee. The FFL holder must fax us a copy of their FFL. "

Although this is obviously not a copy of an exact regulation I believe this displays the point.......JC
JC said

Cardeer,

How far can you accurately shootthat crossbow of yours...

Is it usually better or worse than a standard bow?

You decide for yourself...

.................................................. ..............................................

As was the case withmy last thread that Arlow got involved with. I will no longer reply to any comments made by him unless they pertain directly to the subject matter. I apologize to the originator of this thread for the fact that it has gotten as far off the subject as it has.

BTW...The night this thead was originally started on New Jersey Hunter, shortly before it was posted here, I spent a great deal of time crossreferencing the dates/names/size/location of the known available information on this deer through numerous websites and search engines. I was not able to find one piece of information that could tell me anything more about this deer. That is why I have not replied specifically to yourquestion yet Duse...
Old 11-08-2005, 07:20 PM

Absolutely Incredible
Old 11-08-2005, 07:40 PM

Never said you were anti X-bow jc. Try some more creative interpretation while your at it why don't you.

I'm done with this "I am rubber you are glue" childs game. I am sorry I got involved in the first place. ...Deleted by CalHunter...
Old 11-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Finally,back to the subject...

I find it interesting, that the 1st place winner of this years (2005), New Jersey Classic in the Non-Typical Crossbow-physically challenged division, was also buck that was also taken from Warren County.

It was harvested by Micheal Lucas on 10/17 and grossed 135-08

Here it is...

For those who may not be aware the 2005 classic represented deer taken in the 2003-2004 season..fyi
Old 11-09-2005, 04:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe I was pickin on the wrong guy.[:'(]

Done with this thread.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:28 AM

[&o]CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG ?
Old 11-09-2005, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

Maybe I was pickin on the wrong guy.

Done with this thread.
No you werent picking on the wrong guy. Arlow made two very ublic attempts to end this but Chartboy wouldn't drop it. He continued his self serving campaign for public acceptance. He obviously has a personal problem with Arlow that is eating him up inside. Arlow may not be the most polite person on these boards but that isnt the point.
If we all just agreed and went on with our business this forum would be boring at teh least. The idea of disagreeing and discussion are the keystone features of this community.
And In Chartboys defense arlow seems to resort to name calling once provoked repeatedly.
In Arlows Defense Chartboy simply doesnt use naughty words but does the same thing through creating doubt about Arlows moral fiber.

I would tend to think its a good thing arlow was man enough to bow out when it was abvious there was going to be no winner. he just could have left chartboys ...Deleted by CalHunter... out of it.

Quick Reply: NJ state record BOW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.