Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Worst Year for Ticks? >

Worst Year for Ticks?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Worst Year for Ticks?

Old 11-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Worst Year for Ticks?

ORIGINAL: Duse500
Tyveck suits woork good for chiggers and ticks
They are also great for making Haloween costumes
Old 11-06-2005, 03:34 AM

In Long Island this is the most i've seen this year. They seem to be immune to all the protection you put on your clothes. I run the dogs with frontline and a preventic collar.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

The best tick spray i have ever used is, permanone tick spray by repel
and coulstons. This stuff works, i have been using it since 1998.
You treat your clothes outside, and let them dry for 6-8 hrs. Do not treat clothes while they are on yourself.
It drys to scent free,and last 2-4 weeks.
You can get it in the camping section of walmart.
I used to have alot of ticks on me while bowhunting, not anymore, with this stuff.
Good luck guys.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:45 AM

I don't know about dogs and game animals, but my brother, who has just been hunting a spot for a little while says that the one time he looked on his leg, there were at least 13 ticks crawling up it. Also in the past, there were some in his hands there, and yesterday when he went in, he was about to put on his hat after attaching his treestand, and they were all in his hat! So basically he said forget this and I'm not hunting this spot until it snows. I agree with him there.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:29 PM

Im still seeing a ton of ticks that stuff i mentioned "no stinking bugs " keeps them off me exept my hands i dont spray them due to i chew tobacco and the spray dont taste to good
theres also MAX DEET 90somthing % deet spray if you dont need to hide your scent
Old 11-09-2005, 07:15 PM

I have been bow hunting almost every day the past two weeks here in SE PA.Last week I pulled an embedded tick off my chest and todayI had to go to the ER to get one dug out of the small of my back.I started on Docxycylene today becauseI had 5" bullseye on my back

We have a very bad problem with ticks here in SE PA.

I have had Lyme disease at least 3 times in the past 8 yrs and I urge you to check yourselves carefullyeach time you have been out in the woods.
Lyme can be a very nasty disease--memory loss, severe arthritis can and does happen .
Old 11-09-2005, 07:45 PM

Tons of ticks in NY, i wear my under armor (cold gear version) into the woods both the tops and the bottoms. They actually work great pull your socks over the top of them and tape the socks to your legs. works great just make sure you get undressed outside. Keeps you very warm also been doing that for two years after i got lyme disease and havent had a tick on my skin since *knock on wood(
Old 11-10-2005, 12:13 PM

i took the dog out again this time me and my wife picked ticks off her for 3hours we filled a sandwich bag with them its unbelivable how many there was
Old 11-10-2005, 01:47 PM

Never seen ticks this bad but i havn't gotten bit yet...
Old 11-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

i had 3 on me saturday..got them all off before they could get attached though......i wouldnt even know what to do if i got something serious.....ive pulled out a few that were just starting to dig in...noone was home and i was young...dad was on the phone and said since it isnt far in just pull it out....the leathermen pulled them out....man they feel wierd....had one too close to a part noone wants a tick by......wasnt THAT close......but it was above the bottom of the shorts line....and on the inside of my leg.....close enough for me!

Quick Reply: Worst Year for Ticks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.