Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 almost a nice buck for me >

almost a nice buck for me

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

almost a nice buck for me

Old 10-20-2005, 11:58 AM

Default almost a nice buck for me

well i was hunting with my cousin yesterday and we split up.. well i hunted an area all i seen was button bucks nothing came in close for a shot that could have been shot so i said i'm going to go down by the acorn trees its getting late... well i'm walking down the road and i hear something crashing threw the woods and there it is a big deer i stop i drawn back and it drops to the ground so i'm like.... what the heck happend did someone shot from above.. well i waited for 5min and it wasn't moving so i walk up with arrow drawn and i see an arrow sticking out of the right side of him and there is blood every where.... it was my cousins arrow... but he was hunting all the way back near the river almost 800+ yds.. so i go find him he was way in the back go get him he is excited i found the deer he has been looking for and when he got there he was like wow what a deer bigger then when i seen him in the stand.. we we gut him and seen he put the arrow threw one lung and a kidney he was shooting down on him.. well when this thing came right at me and 10 yds and dropped when i drew i didn't know what to think but the deer was a nice big 6 point and it was a big body deer weighted 187lbs we weighted him from a tree on a fishing scale we use on my boat for tuna... that was gutted weight.. not a huge rack nice 17 in spread but wow what a big deer and he was in rut head was all wet from rubbing and back of legs where wet from the scent that comes of from the joint area and kneck was real puffed out... can't wait for a steak....
Old 10-20-2005, 02:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: almost a nice buck for me

Wild story, Congrates to your cousin
Old 10-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your cousin Greek!!! Was this buck taken on that new land you got permission to hunt?
Old 10-20-2005, 06:00 PM

no it was in a park neshamany park i think thats how you spell it
Old 10-20-2005, 06:50 PM

Good job you got a picture??
Old 10-20-2005, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice, congrats to your cousin....would you have been able to find the buck off of the blood trail...or did you guys just get really lucky?
Old 10-21-2005, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's a horse. Pictures?
Old 10-21-2005, 06:30 AM

got really lucky i will have his girlfriend email the pic to me this weekend then i will email it to one of you guys and have you post it i don't know how
Old 10-21-2005, 10:20 AM

I never knew you could hunt in neshaminy park. I thought they were going to do a lottery hunt this year.

I had a nice 8 last night chasing does hardcore.. he didnt give a crap that i was right next to him driving down the road..
Old 10-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great story Greek. Congratulations to him. Sounds like a horse of a buck. I would love to see pics too if you get a chance.

Quick Reply: almost a nice buck for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.