Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Any lucky NYers? >

Any lucky NYers?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any lucky NYers?

Old 10-22-2005, 06:29 AM

Default RE: Any lucky NYers?

Got a button with the muzzleloader lastnight. 70 or so yards with a red dot scope. This is the first deer with the new muzzleloader. Veal anyone
Old 10-22-2005, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

I took a 5 pt. yesterday.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:42 AM

Got a small doe opening day in 6G. I prepared my 25 year old son about the size, before he saw it, but i wasn't prepared for his reaction; he laughed outloud. Oh well, the freezer is happy nadnow I can concentrate on size. In the meantime, as Ruttybuck says, veal anyone?
Old 10-22-2005, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

rain ,rain ,rain and more rain I was all set to go out this morning but the rain changed my mind .I would feel horrible if I stuck one only to have the blood trail wash away
Old 10-22-2005, 07:48 PM

I too hunt in the Old Forge area. Got up there on Thursday morning - the 1st one without rain and blistered a pig of a doe within 30 minutes of first light. My 1st with my new muzzle loader. Had to buy everyone dinner at Frankie's restaurant later that night too...
Old 10-23-2005, 07:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Without a doubt the worst 1st week of bowhunting I've ever had. Haven't seen didly squat[:-]!!!! I think there were only about 2 decent hunting days where it wasn't 30 mph winds or downpouring out. My land is beyond messed up as well to add to things. And I've been sicker than a dog since opening day.

however........ I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Ok I'm done whining nowit can only get better. Bring on the rut.

Old 10-23-2005, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

My season started Sept. 27th, and so far been ok I guess. I passed a doe that had a small fawn with her, I mean dog size. Then I passed another small, maybe 100lb yearling doe. Both with bow. Hunting 6K, and just haven't seen the deer in the area all summer. So figure let a few doe walk this yr. Muzzleloaded a few times last wk, never saw a deer. Bow hunted last 2 wknds in 7m, and only seen a couple doe, no shots. Have yet to see a buck in the woods. Only a few scrapes, and no rubsdown south, and usually see several by now, and rubs. Been out hunting 19x's so far. Darn if this weather isn't making things miserable, and this coming wk isn't looking much better. Had sunshine 2 days in last 16, unreal!
Old 10-23-2005, 08:48 AM

Hey BuckAlley im on 38 in parish.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

missed a buck thursdaybut saw him again friday.. posssibly going back out tonight
Old 10-23-2005, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

Poor shot on a 1.5yr 6ptr (maybe 7?) hit him in the shoulder/neck edge (right where they meet) essensially giving him a paper cut and a haircut...I was rushed and never should have taken the shot. This was all in 7J yesterday morning, only deer of the day and my dad missed a turkey....did hear 4 gobbles though .

Going back down Saturday for round two with this bugger, only this time PATIENCE!!!

all in all since the season started the 27th, i've seen a total of 2 deer whilst hunting approx 6-7 times...college sucks!

Quick Reply: Any lucky NYers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.