Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

what to do

Old 10-14-2005, 07:18 AM

Default what to do

well guys i go to an archery place and they sell bow tech and i shoot there maybe 2 times a week and have for yrs... but i want to test a switch back but i don't want this guy to get upset that i didn't buy one of his bows... i am asking on what to do because i have decided to buy a new bow but don't want to make this guy mad that i didn't buy from him... have known this guy for yrs...don't want to hear just do what you want...
Old 10-14-2005, 07:40 AM

Default RE: what to do

With the price of bows being what they are, I for one can't afford to buy a new bow every 3 years. So I would try them all and find a bow that is comfortable and shoots my shooting style, because I will have it for a while. If he is an archer, he will know how important it is for you to be shooting a bow that you are comforatble with. A new bow needs new accesories and these you can purchase from him..
Old 10-14-2005, 08:09 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-14-2005, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry Greek I am a Hoyt man. But I am almost 100 percent sure that he won't mind you shoot a bow there. If you look at it this way people test drive cars all the time and do not purchase them. Even if you are gonna buy the bow, you definitly want to shoot as many as possible and get the best feel for which one you like the best.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only way he would be upset is if you have him setup a bow for your to test shoot, then you buy that exact bow somewhere else, and he'd be right to be upset. However if you are buying a bow he doesn't carry, or you haven't had him do any "work" to have you test out bows, then there shouldn't be a problem.

Shops make the money on selling stuff and it takes time to setup and have folks test shoot there. When they do this, you should buy there IF you are buying that bow. Do NOT buy a bow you don't want just cause its from him, this he should understand and agree with.

--Bob

Old 10-17-2005, 07:59 AM

I agree.. You have the right to shoot a bow if you are interested in buying it. I shot several bows before I bought my diamond. I have had Bear, PSE, Hoyt, and now Diamond.Some of it has to do with price. 700 for a top of the line hoyt or mathews is a tough pill to swallow. First I look at the bows available to me. Then I set a price that wont kill my finances. Then i shoot the bows and compare.Most places will accomodate you.. And if they dont... F them.. They arent worth dealing with.

Greek.. Which shop you going to?