Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 I made it I think?? STUPID >

I made it I think?? STUPID

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

I made it I think?? STUPID

Old 10-10-2005, 09:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default I made it I think?? STUPID

Well I atempted to drag myself 100 yards behind the house this morning to to a chair I put there last week at the edge of swamp. left a 4am.took 1 hour to go 100 yards. I had another chair halfway to stop and rest. I dragged my feet over the grape roots with my two canes. I arrived tired and of course the chair was wet. Sat down and got things ready. I was hurting so I figured i would try and sleep a little. I had 1 1/2 hours till shooting time. I dozed off then heard a fox howl. I could feel my right foot swelling up.the velcrow on my sneaker was slowly breaking loose as my foot swelled. Went back to sleep and woke up at 6:16. There right in fromt of me stood a deer at 10 yards.Still to dark to tell for sure what it was.It had no idea I was there I was tucked in under the huge pine tree. It walked off and then came back 10 minutes later.It was a button,so I let it walk. 1 1/2 hours later I looked down at my X.bow and I still had the cranking mechanism on the string DAH ,Stupid the thing would of not fired anyway. Well seen nothing else by 9:30. So my foot was swelled up like a helium ballon. I packed up put my sneaker in my bag and put a morphine patch on and started home. Idid not get a deer ,but did something the doctors said I would never do alone. Dont know if it will be my last time. But besides the pain and stupidity it was rewarding
Old 10-10-2005, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I made it I think?? STUPID

Glad to hear you made it back alive there CD. Too bad it was a button and you had to let it walk but then again you probably would of had a heck of a time gettin' that deer out.

How's Chris doing as well. I haven't seen him on here in quite a while and I haven't got out hunting with him since this past spring gobbler. He showed me some places he hunts that don't look like they would be too hard to get to why not just head out with him once or twice.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you made it out and back safely Cardeer. Sure sounds like you REALLY wanted to hunt today. Good luck the rest of the season. Hope you have a successful one.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

At least you made it out there CD. It was a beautiful fall day to be in the woods. I wish I was still out there.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear you got out, CD. That had to do some good for your mind.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:28 PM

Cardeer,

Know how you feel.I got a little ricky tic in my pumper and last year couldn't hunt.This year I got a OK.Only good thing is my pointer is older than me in dog years. Don't bowhunt but have a great spot and get 2-3 deer every year.The only thingit is ahard drag. But to stay home and and not go out is too bad to think about again. I,as you,plan to stay with it untill what ever. I Hope you can get out again.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:44 PM

CD.. anyway you can get there. While my dad was still alive he had lost his leg to diabetes below the knee. Before he got his prosthetic leg deer season came around. He crawled up the side of a mountain on all 4's. I carried his gun for him. It was the last deer seaon he made before he passed away..

Get an ATV>. sit on it and shoot from it!
Old 10-10-2005, 03:09 PM

I'm just browsing through this forum, I'm in Indiana, but CD, I'm glad you got out... I have been gone too long to know what is going on with you, but all I can say is keep going until you can't anymore... I wish you the best of luck this year, I think the ATV is a great idea, take some of the pain of walking away at least.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

CD:
Your love of the outdoors, and for the encouragement of everyone on here is inspirational. Even though I don't know you I am proud of you for making the trip out into the woods. Through all of the pain and suffering to get out there, I am sure it was worth it knowing you could make it, and you even got to see a deer. (I thought there weren't any deer in your neck of the woods though I hope you hang in there, and I am hoping for many more trips out behind the house in your future.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

really glad you made it out cardeer, glad to hear !

You are a true warrior to bear the pain and make it out , i woulda probaly taken the button since you never know if it will be your last time out or not. If you lived closer and i wasnt in college i would gladly occumpany you on a hunt , your wisdom on the site has helped so many people here. If im ever in your area on a hunt i will be sure to look you up , ill ride you out on the 4 wheeler so the foot doesnt swell.

once again glad to hear you made it out , you diserved a deer however !

Quick Reply: I made it I think?? STUPID

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.