Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 do you lose interest? >

do you lose interest?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

do you lose interest?

Old 10-06-2005, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default do you lose interest?

Just wondering if you guys lose the edge a little? Lately I have. I love bowhunting more than any other activity I do. But things around here are really getting to me. I have 4 spots I hunt regularly. One spot I have a retired school teacherrunning his greyhound every morning at 7am down a path that is on the property line. The path is about 50yds from the tree I hunt. Another spot I have is next to a club that is currently shooting deer with guns under some farmer permit. I don't have much room to move so I'm stuck with a guy standing on a corner of a bean field blazing away. The 3rd spot I have is 285ac. of private ground. The only problem is all the local kids think this is their private atv course. I can't move away from them cause the paths go all through out the property. The other spots are tiny one man spots so there is no room to move. I just want to screem[:@]haven't tried my last spot yet! Thanks for listening guys
Old 10-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: do you lose interest?

I hear ya. Don't you just love livin' in this populated part of the US?...at least when it comes time to hunt that is. It seems that there are times that you just cannot get away from people no matter how hard you try.

I wish you luck and would probably opt for the dog spot over the others.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep ,I hate pa. and i am stuck here
Old 10-07-2005, 04:23 AM
Typical Buck

Come on...your complaining and I haven't even started yet!!! Archery opens October 15 which isa week from tomorrow! I hunt on 100 acres with a least 10 other guys. We have about 30 stands set up all over the propery and sometimes we are only 100 yards apart....and yet, we get deer! I'm sure out of 358 acres there's got to be somewhere to hunt! That's a lot of land.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

We hunt closer than 100yds apart in some places. Thats not a problem. The motocycles just drive you nuts. This is private property, they have no respect for signs or the law. How about I give them directions to your 100 acres?
Old 10-07-2005, 06:46 AM

Any day in the woods is better than a day you dont get in there. I was only in for 2 hours last night.. Very relaxing
Old 10-07-2005, 07:06 AM

if you alowed to hunt the land and there not allowed to ride bikes there call the came commission or the police
Old 10-07-2005, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

I know the people going through your stand area is lousy but the deer get use to it and unless they are chasing the deer out the deer will just lay down and wait for them to pass. My buddy was watching a doe when it just laid down in the middle of a field ,he thought it was odd then a couple of seconds later he started hearing an atv,then when it was gone she got up and started feeding again.I t does s@@k but it is not a total loss.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:59 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

u should get some days during the week and give it a shot. the kids will be in school. there are alot of nice places in the freehold and jackson area. lots of deer. good luck.

Quick Reply: do you lose interest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.