Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Is urine a problem? >

Is urine a problem?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Is urine a problem?

Old 10-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Is urine a problem?

I bring a plastic bottle to pee in and sometimes I fill it. From there the rest goesto the bottom of my stand. I always hear different thoughtson wether or not deer are bothered by this oder, what feedback do you guys have?
Old 10-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is urine a problem?

Honestly, some people claim that urine can act as a deer lure. I never drink more than a few sips of coffee the morning of a hunt, so I never have to worry about it. If I did have to go, I would get down and walk downwind a ways and go. I have even dug a small depression with my boot and after urinating I will then kick dirt over the hole to cover it up.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

I never worry about it. I have to take water pills so my lungs dont fill up.so i go every 10 minutes.and have to drink then to prevent dehydration. Shot 184 buvk in my lifetime. You make the conclusion
Old 10-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

The question-- Is urine a problem? the answer--- Only if it is someone else's and it is on your pantleg..Dont eat yellow snow!!!!
Old 10-02-2005, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

if your only drinking water i dont think it matters but this past weekend i drank a ton of coffee and when i fired away off the stand it smelled like mountain roast to me. i think in some cases what you drink will matter a couple hours before a hunt. i like to use the wide mouth gatorade bottles in the stand for all day hunts.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know about the mountain roast thing. My wife complains that when I go to the bathroom, the bathroom smells like coffee brewing for a half hour. I had an idea about bottling the stuff as some kind of "gourmet" blend. I know the French would buy it!
Old 10-02-2005, 08:50 PM

If any of you have ever pee'd in a scrape then you know that the urine odor is definately an attractant and in know way scares the deer.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:10 PM

Try drinking some apple ciderI use to carry a pee jug with me but now I just go if I have to.I've heard of guys peeing in scrapes and having good luck.After a few hours I think it all smells like ammonia anyway.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:57 AM

well in the rain.. i whizzed off the stand today.. usually i carry a 2 liter bottle to pee in. I have heard that the smell from the pee usually lasts 30 minutes.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't think it matters much. Lots of guys pee in mock scrapes and claim it attracts deer. When ya got to go you got to go.

Quick Reply: Is urine a problem?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.