Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DE Archery Season - Oct. >

DE Archery Season - Oct.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE Archery Season - Oct.

Old 10-02-2005, 08:41 AM

Default DE Archery Season - Oct.

What a nice morning to be out. But, things continued as they did in Sept. Nothing seen at the leased place. The farm next to us to the east shot a doe this morning (shotgun antlerless). Besides from that, it was pretty quiet. There's tons of sign in there. They are ripping the corn stalks up. They must just be hitting them in the evening or after dark. I dont think I'm going to hunt there in the AM again until Shotgun season.

Did anyone else get out?
Old 10-02-2005, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: DE Archery Season - Oct.

HEY DUCK!....Longtime no talk..( FIRST TIME BACK ON SITE SINCE LAST YEAR).if you even remeber talking from last year..anyways...sounds like yer season is beginging like yer last...hope not for your sake.My son and i went out Sat night for anterless(he was the shooter)...we saw 2 fork horns...he was all excited..it was good for him to be that close to some bucks and not be able to shoot.....saw 4 does in the AM but they were out of his range...hope things turn around for you...smokepole next fri...GOOD LUCK ALL!

PS...still waiting on string for bow...damn I miss bow huntin'

DJ
Old 10-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

lemond33 here

i love DE hunting, but i am going to hunt in NJ...i do not like the new gun dates in DE and it ruins the month of nov. i may still hunt there after thnksgiving if i have tagged a few in NJ. great spot in NJ that looks like i could have a great year.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:40 AM

went down to the farm saturday, didn't see anything all afternoon. Partnerleft his stand againand watchedtwo doeswalking the tree line along the soy beans. we will be setting up on the treeline next week. it sounded like I was hunting state land during shotgun, everyone was blasting away on the farmers around us.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:58 PM

it sounded like I was hunting state land during shotgun, everyone was blasting away on the farmers around us.
I left this out of my last post because I didnt want this thread to go off subject, but after my hunt, I decided to dump some corn. Hell anything to help at this point. Well, as I was leaving around 10:10am, I started hearing some shooting to the west. Not real close, but close enough. Well, i'm pretty sure it was a drive. I heard at least 15 shots spread out over 10 mins. Driving for does, buttons and fawns?!? To each their own, but jeez! How bad do you really need a deer? But, its legal so all I hope is whomever was putting it on, really needs the meat or is having tremendous crop damage. I'm just glad it wasnt the farm next door.

On a better note, looks like some real cool weather coming in this weekend. Maybe it'll get the bucks moving early! I'm waiting for a nice cold day so I can burn my left over sick time and spend all day in the stand! Doesnt get any better than that!

DJ, lemond, nice to see you all back! Keep the reports coming!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

i dont know how changed my name from lemond33 but i did and i dont think that i can get it back...but it doesnt matter

i think that i am going to hit the farm in nj wednesday..the farmer has other farms that he wants me to hunt for him. he claims one of them has nothing but "DEER" on it i hope i will keep 'yal posted on my trips. i havent scouted at all this year...yikes
Old 10-11-2005, 05:20 AM

any of the delaware boys having any luck. I couldn't hunt last weekend, I was forced to eat crabs and drink beer. it was rough.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:43 PM

Last weekend was a wash out. I didnt have as much fun as you did. I've been adding, then cancelling afternoons off the last few days trying to dodge the rain and get the right wind. Things are looking up for Thursday afternoon. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I did check out my stand at the leased place Sunday. 50 lbs of corn I put out 8 days prior, gone. Number of pics on the trail cam, zero. I tested the cam by standing wherethe corn was, it went off. I must have some fat assed coons and squirrels in my woods. If I do hunt thursday, I'm going to hunt another section of woods where I put my ladder stand. Havent hunted ityet this year. At thispoint, a change of sceniery will be nice.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:00 PM
Typical Buck

i might get out wednesday...i had taken off for thursday too, but cancelled...the weather is to funny
Old 10-13-2005, 06:26 PM

Hunting in the evening tonight was just as exciting as hunting in the morning. Zip!

Wont be getting out until the 22nd the earliest. Hopefully it'll cool off by then. Was swatting mosquitos pretty good tonight.

Quick Reply: DE Archery Season - Oct.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.