Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 what size buck would end your season so soon >

what size buck would end your season so soon

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

what size buck would end your season so soon

Old 09-29-2005, 02:34 PM

Default what size buck would end your season so soon

hey guys if you had a buck walk by your stand what size would he have to be before you took him...... or would you rather take a doe this early and wait for snow fall
Old 09-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what size buck would end your season so soon

135-140" or better would do it.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:43 PM

At this point i would take atleast an 8 pt or a big doe. Would take a doe to fill my bank-a-doe tag.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:05 PM

MIN 140 OR BETTER
Old 09-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I almost think this thread is inspired by one of my recent posts. I can't put exact measurements out there but I can tell you that whenI see him I will know instantly. You know....the kind of buck that makes you go HMMMM. I would say a very mature animal...one that really stands out.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

125 or better. I Lean more towards the better part though
Old 09-29-2005, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

The first buck that walks by and gives mea good ethical shot will end my season. I'm proud of all of them. Horn size doesn't really matter to me.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anything besides a spike or fork. But if I knew there were bigger than I might wait if I could contain myself. For some reason I always get a spike every year(not complaining at all). I got the nick name Spike because of it.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

since im 18 and in college and not much time to hunt...and we have antler restrictions of 4pts to a side here and ive only taken 2 6pts in my life i will take the first legal buck to walk by......but october 15th starts a early week long muzzleloader doe season....cant wait...me and the flinter are trying to make some meat.....then the first day of rifle(buck and doe) i only have 2 classes...a morning and night.....so im probably going to skip them that day......maybe make it to the night class if i can......who knows.....but i do have off ALL of flintlock season.....but its a tough season to hunt...and seeing antlers of legal size is a challenge.......i had a monster buck come out of one of our drives(took us ALL year to pattern him and get the drive to work...big ole drop tine buck) when he came by me finally...his antlers were already dropped!!!!!!!! i was bummed...perfect 20yd broadside shot....i could see bloody antler holes!!!!
Old 09-30-2005, 07:16 AM

It depends on where I am hunting, ill. and ohio it would have to be 130 in Pa. 120 . It's hard hunting for something that dosn't exist in your patch of woods ,find out whats there then decide.Good luck

Quick Reply: what size buck would end your season so soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.