Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Rifles in bad hands >

Rifles in bad hands

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Rifles in bad hands

Old 09-26-2005, 07:10 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rifles in bad hands

i think well be seeing the results of this rifle bill shortly. I took a ride to my sons place around little valley, i'm seeing property posted that hasn't been posted before ,same owners i've been hunting this area for over forty years.. One of the locals i talked with he saidpeople are getting nervous. Rich
Old 09-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion-IMO
Old 09-27-2005, 04:58 AM

Thanx. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:59 AM

Yup, we will have to wait and see how it turns out. Then you anti-rifle bill people can criticize it all you want.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

We will. Don't worry.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: johnl

You make some very valid points for semi's a quicker second shot
actually, you can shoot more rapidly with a pump. they cycle quicker by pumping than the semi's gas cycling. just my 2 cents - told to me by my gunsmith

by the way a shotgun in the hands of an unresponsible/unethical person is just as dangerous as a rifle is as a pistol and even a bow.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

We will. Don't worry.
I dont know who else would include themself in the "we" in that statement.

Between your comments on this thread and the one you started where you tell us a 12 year old shouldnt be allowed to hunt tells me you are selfish, arrogant, and simply dont wish to share the woods with anyone who doesnt hunt the way you do. That is a pity. The sport doesnt need EVEN ONE "sportsman" with such a closed mind!

I can only hope that everyone here can realize that you do not represent bowhunters, adult hunters or Pennsylvania hunterswith your selfish distorted views.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

I have several autos - shot gun, rifles - and I think the focus needs to be on the people mis-using the tools. It is never teh fault of the trigger just the mook pulling it.

You did not say if you reported them for poor fire arms use - the fish cops on NY will be more than willing to have a word with them an go over the rules - of whihc limitations exisit for # of rounds in mag.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dont know who else . . . blah blah blah . . . views.
IYO

To me, hunting isn't a big fun fieldtrip that requires heavy artillery andinfants.Obviously, that's what it is to you.

To me, hunting is an ultrahazardous activity that requires the utmost in mental awareness, decision-making and physical endurance. It involves hiking miles in extreme weather, carrying 10-30# of gear, making shots with tactical accuracy and dragging out 100-200# animals.

Maybe the kids where you live are bigger and smarter than they are around here. Maybe you need a semi-auto rifle, or a howitzer.I don't.

This isn't a Candyland game. It's not little league. One mistake can lead to death or grievous injury. Maybe that hasn't occurred to you.

You guys act like we "need" more hunters in the woods. Well, that isn't hardly the case where I'm from.

This is one thing that the anti's are right about. There are plenty of people running around the deerwoods who really shouldn't be there. If my safety requires a little rollback with respect to the 2nd Amendment, so be it. Call it "selfish," call it "arrogant," call it what you like.

Just because you agree with the two other NRA activists above, doesn't mean that you speak on behalf of this board in general, because I'm sure that you do NOT.

Check yo'self before you wreck yo'self. LOL

Old 09-27-2005, 12:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Do you even hunt NYS?

My son was mature enough to hunt at 12 some people are mature enough at 26.

Quick Reply: Rifles in bad hands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.