Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Brand New Tree Stand-STOLEN!! >

Brand New Tree Stand-STOLEN!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Brand New Tree Stand-STOLEN!!

Old 09-26-2005, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Brand New Tree Stand-STOLEN!!

Personally, I suspect that a substantial number of stands are stolen by the PETA types.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:36 AM
Typical Buck

I had 2 stolen, so I switched to climbers. I agree, 2 types of people are usually responsible, the tree hugging PETA types living off daddy's money, and the "I won't work and you can't make me" public assistance scumbag who gets to hunt everyday while the rest of us have to go to work and pay for their kids. Just the way it is up in my neck of the woods.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:04 PM

As a police officer for over 12 years, I feel your pain. I too had a stand taken a few years back. There is not much you can do unless you can prove who took it. Try a climbing stand. They are a little more work but worth the piece of mind when you not in the woods.....just my two cents..you have a right to be mad....you not alone...
Old 09-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately I too know your pain. I had a climber stolen from private property years ago. It still really burns me up when I think about it!!![:@]
Old 09-26-2005, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Here in NJ, if you leave your false teeth in the woods someone will take them.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome to the club. I have 26 wooded acres in a residential area and had 2 stands stolen off my property. I have since posted it and actively enforce the borders now. It ruined things for everone.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:42 PM
Typical Buck

i had that happen last year, but i brushed it off. i had an api that was laying around and i put it on a private property that i was hunting and it was stolen i have the lone wolf alpha hang on...with 4 sticks. get that sytem and 3 hanging loops and u will never have to worry about a stand being stolen again

we hung one stand with a krytonite cable and they stole it??? how in the hell did they do that???
Old 09-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't want to jinx myself but a stand can rot away in the tree where I hunt and nobody will touch it. As a matter of fact, there are 2 standsI know of that were left in the trees by their owners about 10 years ago and they are still there, on property that is open tohunting.I left my hang-on in the tree over last winter and I am going to hunt out of it on Saturday. Must be a regionally specific condition.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel your pain as well. My brother & I each had stands stolen on our parents woods a few yrs back. My was chained & locked, his wasn't. Didn't matter. I Left a note in the tree inside a plastic baggy. Hung it w/ flourscent orange ribbon. It bascially read " I hope your proud of yourself for stealing a stand from a hard working person who supports a family of 2 children. Persons like yourself give hunting a bad name, and you haveNO right to even be in the woods. Enjoy my stand seeing your to broke, to buy your own. Oh by the way the local authorites have been contacted." That note hung there the rest of the season. I also went to all the surrounding neighbors to inquire, and warn them of the theft. I'm sure someplace along the line I spoke to the culprit. Since we've posted the land, and no longer are neghbors allowed on it, nor do we venture on others land as it used to be. I did call the authories, they suggested I mark stands with my name so can be identified. Yeah good luck!!
To prevent future thefts I went to those lag bolt hang on steps. Well guess what, I discovered people can climb up your tree on the lag bolts. I had another stand stolen the next yr. on a public piece of land I'd hunted for yrs w/no previous problems. That stand was also locked, but this time with a cable lock. Now I use a climber, but still hang a few portables in spots can't find a climber type tree. I use a climbing stick, and take it in & out with me. Its been 5yrs, and so far no more stolen stands.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:13 AM

That is why you have to plant asmall remote control explosive device somewhere in your stand. That way, you can just guess when the guy will be hunting in your stand and you can detonate it LMAO.

Quick Reply: Brand New Tree Stand-STOLEN!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.