Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

trail cameras

Old 09-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default trail cameras

I got my best ever picture of a real nice buck in my area and I was concernedabout spooking him with the camera so I moved it to another area. I've seenrepete photos of the same buck and I've also seen photos of bucks breaking camp after being caught on film. What do some of you other camera users think on this subject?
Old 09-15-2005, 08:16 PM

Default RE: trail cameras

I have cameras that uses a conventional flash as well and IR ones. I have found that there is no difference. They do get used to the flash. I keep my cams going year round so I am sure that makes a difference too. I wouldn't just put one out a month before the season and not expect them to react to it. It is like anything else that is foreign in thier environment..they will adapt to it. This is the same reason I put dummies in my tree stands. Deer get used to seeing the form in the stand...come hunting season, they dont get spooked by a figure up in the trees.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

During the summer - I've had no issues with spooking deer w/cameras BUT - when hunting season starts - the deer tend to look at them in a differenr light - I've seen the decrease in deer traffic after a few pictures were taken "in season" -
I don't put them near my stands anymore after Oct. 1- better safe than sorry.

Funny though -its usually the old does that are STARING right at the camera - they tip off the other deer - the bucks seem to be too into whatever they are doing,

Old 09-16-2005, 07:37 AM

I put my first camera out last weekend and over 3 days it was full of pictures.Since then,nothing.They have not touched the corn or apples.

I was all excited after seeing this nice buck.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great pictures guys. My feelings are somewhat mixed on the subject though. I have multiple pictures of the same buck in the same location over a period of weeks....

..but then again I also have pics of bucks that I see once and never again. I don't necessarily know if the flash is doing it but they are obviously noticing it as many pictures have the animals facing the camera.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

i am mixed as well. some bucks you get lots of pics of. seems the bigger ones i can only get 1 or 2 pics of them. but i rotate my cams every week. i have 2 but about 5-6 spots i like to put them up.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Artie thats a real nice photo, I'd be pumped too! Hope you wack him! Thanks for the imput.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

From my experience I do not think that the flash spooks them. I have recieved multiple pictures of the same bucks.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:50 PM
Spike

I agree they don't get spooked. They are out in the elements every night so lightning does not bother them why would the flash.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: artie97

I put my first camera out last weekend and over 3 days it was full of pictures.Since then,nothing.They have not touched the corn or apples.

I was all excited after seeing this nice buck.

How are the mast crops in your area? Are you in farm country? These are a couple options you should think about as to why they might not be hitting the bait.

Quick Reply: trail cameras

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.