Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NY satarday opening day >

NY satarday opening day

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY satarday opening day

Old 09-15-2005, 01:19 PM
Spike

Default NY satarday opening day

I kind of don't like the idea of a satarday opener. I know there is a lot of people that can't hunt during the week such as school kids and working members but I always looked foward to the monday opener. I use to take the whole week and spend it in the woods. sort of like a mini vacation. Now I believe that local business will be affected by the change. Because of the fact that when monday comes the woods will clear out and every one will head back to work. What do the rest of you think?
Old 09-15-2005, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NY satarday opening day

no idea but i hope my "neighbor spooks all the deer to my spot
Old 09-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

it might just pick up are local economy here. figure alot of the out of towners will come to there camps friday afternoon early evening. they'll want to hit the local watering holes some friday and most likely saturday too. plus they have to eat. so might get some business from that as well. but i personally am still up in the air on the sat opener idea. monday has worked for so long, why do we need to change now!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

BIG HORNS CHANGE IS GOOD Saturday start is a good thing...just go to a more secluded spot ...I go miles into the woods...most folk 1/4 -1/2 mile into woods. Plus I wont have to call in on Monday........I dont know how the local economies will actually pick up.You know with gas and everybody worrying bout those crazy city folk..HA HA.Some folk dont even know it starts on Saturday and there hunters for years. As for me and my CREW, we pack everything we need and leave the so called civilized world.,,,,camp fire. fresh fish ,the good life Dont need that burger smell on me.....some years weve actually slept in tree stands....after hiking into the deep thick stuff....weve harvested several bruisers out of the deep over the years.
after the weekend all the traffic mite be gone and things quiet down for you and monday is the same as its always been if youve got a sweet spot picked out
When life gives you lemons squeeze them on some fresh FISH.... BOOYAH
Old 09-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

heeze, i have the sweet spot right outside my door. we have about 1000 acres tied up for 8 guys. family farms all connect. my best stand is with in shouting distance of the house tho. ive takin bucks up to 170in. out of it. we have awesome genetics here. also if anybody tresppasses they will be caught and prosicuted. we dont fool around when it comes to that. bein in the farming business we get to hunt everyday.def not all day,but everyday.lol
Old 09-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't see the difference either way. I forgot to take off Friday before season - though - and I might do that yet - it depends whose coming up to camp.

After "Day 1" - everything else will be about the same.

Can't wait.

FH
Old 09-16-2005, 06:38 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-16-2005, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

For me and my camp, we feel like a tradition has been lost. We always went up Friday night, and spent Saturday and Sunday getting ready. The anticipation that we felt for those 2 days was priceless, like Christmas Eve when you were a kid. Now, everybody is going to be showing up Friday night, quickly rush to get some stuff ready, then try to get to sleep as soon as you can, and then before you know it we will be out in the woods Saturday morning. For us, that weekend before of preparing, eating great, scouting, drinking (only a little, of coarse), and anticipating really made the week. Once the week of hunting starts, everyone is in the woods most of the day, and come nighttime, everyone is usually wiped and in bed early. Personally I will be going up Thursday night to get some of the camp chores done, but most of the other guys can't afford to take the extra day off. But, who know, maybe it won't be as bad as we think. We will just need to make the best of it.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

i think its a good idea.....get the deer moving ..there has been a great decline of hunters in my area on mon....the first sat was always better lately......and for the people complaining about not getting the week end to get ready for monday...just take the vacation you save on mon and tues and use it on thursday and friday.......................or just show up to camp and unpack for 2 days and go out monday...............
Old 09-17-2005, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

im assumign this is the southern zone everyone is talking about?? Because up north we have always started on a saturday, and i wouldnt want it any other way. I know that being on saturday everyone and their brother is out, and you can hear them shooting up the woods all day, but it also allows for everyone in our group to go out on the opener. If it was monday people would be working, i am away at college, and it wouldnt be the same.

Quick Reply: NY satarday opening day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.