Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA scouting report >

PA scouting report

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA scouting report

Old 08-31-2005, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default PA scouting report

anyone seeing much in the way of sign yet? haven't been out since late july. didn't see much at all, other than medium to small scat.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA scouting report

I have seen some nice buck's in my area (I hunt 3B) and a ton of doe...
Old 08-31-2005, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'm in 3d/4c. any substantial rub yet?
Old 08-31-2005, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also hunt in 3B. What do you mean by "nice bucks"? Actually, we had 2 BIG nine pointers on our property that were alive after the season as well as a couple of nice 8s and a 7-point that had the frame of a big 10. If they come back this year, it should be good for us. I haven't been up to camp in a while, though. My dad has seen does and my mom saw a big buck but didn't know how many points.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt 3B as well and am going down there this weekend to finish hanging stands, plant a last minute food plot, and hopefully video tape some of the deer we have down there. We have at least 2x 115"+ bucks in there regularly, as well as a handful of 2 1/2 year olds. Hopefully I will be able to post some video's/pictures for you guys next week.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Put a trailcam out Wednesday night and had 24 pics by Sunday noon The bad news.....All does

At least I know where my venison is coming from!
Old 09-01-2005, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

My dad and cousin told me that they have seen a couple bucks with bloody racks while spotting , this is tellin me that velvet is startin to get a little itchy fellas!
Old 09-01-2005, 08:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not in our neck of the woods...at least in terms of rubs and preliminary scrapes. This is the exact right time for them to start appearing though. None of my game cam pics for the local areas are showing bucks shedding their antlers though I haven't been in the woods since last weekend.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's a very strange year in SE Pa. I see some sign at one of my stands and another that's about 2 miles away there is sign and movement all over the place. Seems to be a much better year for acorns and beachnuts in my area.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:24 PM

Seen a bunch of small bucks up to eight points at the salt lick during the past few months. Seen one nice ten point with nice long tines. A neighbor has reported two large eight points and a huge ten point. I haven't seen any rubs or scrapes yet. Here in Armstrong Co. the acorns, apples & wild cherries are beginning to drop. Less than a month to go.......

Quick Reply: PA scouting report

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.