HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   WV Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/106601-wv-hunters.html)

bspencer 07-24-2005 09:15 PM

WV Hunters

where do you usually hunt at in the state?....

I hunt mainly in Nicholas County on 125 acres of family property that borders a few other farms and several thousand acres of west vaco land......

I run inot the occasionl problem of people thinking our farm is part of west vaco and have to explain to them that no its not......but thats not too often somebody i dont know wonders in , usually its someone i know and they let me wonder onto their farm too so that much counters each other.....

this is the first year ive planted any type of food plot.......the clover and oats are coming up good...... the places i have been putting deer cane out in the past (havent put it out since before last season)... is being torn up pretty good this summer... going to re do them this week and maybe plant some more alphalpha /clover and oats too

apple trees are loaded on the farm and thats a first for a few years too

huntinwv 07-25-2005 08:25 AM

RE: WV Hunters

Hunt both Raleigh and Wyoming County. Raleigh is private land with some food plots and wyoming is bow-only and public land.

MossMan 07-25-2005 09:15 AM

What's up Bobby? Thanks fer pointin' this board out to me. You can guess, I hunt mostly in Putnam, Kanawha, and Mason cos. Pretty much just wherever I can. It's getting old though. Last gun season I was only able to get out 1/2 of 1 day [X(]and some moron screwed it up by riding his atv back and forth and shooting at trees all afternoon. So now I'm trying to find a place to lease so I can have it all to myself. lol

bspencer 07-25-2005 10:00 AM

welcome Moss!...... from one newbie to another....lol

maybe you could come up and hunt with me a day or two during bow season or something

MossMan 07-25-2005 10:28 AM

I may take you up on that.

gutshot 07-25-2005 01:33 PM

I hunt mostly publis land in Kanawha,Roane and Clay Counties.

WVHunter129 07-25-2005 01:42 PM

Most of all my hunting is here in Fayette County on 8,000 acres of the Run and Gun Hunt Club for squirrel, turkey and deer. Except the 2 week buck season when I go to Greenbrier County and hunt in the Monongahela National Forest. That first week we go to our camp in Neola and spend the week there.

DannyD 07-25-2005 03:03 PM

Hi folks,
Cabell and Wayne county so far. Beech Fork actually. although I've heard there is a permit drawing there now so i'm not sure where to go. I was new to hunting last year and go with my 13 year old daughter. Since Beech Fork may not be an option I would greatly appreciate a public land suggestion as an alternative

lost horn 07-25-2005 03:17 PM

ORIGINAL: gutshot

I hunt mostly publis land in Kanawha,Roane and Clay Counties.
Hey gutshot, I was down your way last wk. for a family reunion in Spenser WV. good looking country, I am in Pa.

WVCritter 07-25-2005 04:54 PM

Hey neighbors. I hunt near Fraizers Bottom and in the Red House area and have been pretty successful the past few seasons. I used to hunt Chief Cornstalk WMA in Mason County all the time but I haven't made it down there for several years to deer hunt. I've taken my share of deer there in the past but I don't know what it's like now. Good luck to you guys in the up coming season.