Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WV Hunters

Old 08-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: WV Hunters

Wetzal Co. Had the place for 10years and every year the hunting gets better.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:36 PM

I do my hunting as of right now in Berkeley county. I have a couple places that I can hunt but they are small. I am presently looking for some other places but like someone else said it is awful crowded. I have been seeing few deer in my travels but no luck finding a place. Until I find some more land I will continue to travel to PA and hunt the land Imy brother and I ownup there.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WVBowhunter10

I do my hunting as of right now in Berkeley county. I have a couple places that I can hunt but they are small. I am presently looking for some other places but like someone else said it is awful crowded. I have been seeing few deer in my travels but no luck finding a place. Until I find some more land I will continue to travel to PA and hunt the land Imy brother and I ownup there.
I grew up here in Berkeley... tell me how bad it's gotten. Fewer farms...literally no orchards left... houses,houses, and more houses...poor animals have nowhere left to go. Sleepy Creek will be a killing zone .... and why go to Pa.?.. they come here every deer season....
Old 08-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

Mostly Hardy county but have done some hunting in Hampshire county. More private land than national forest, cause i dont like fighting the crowds.

Dave
Old 08-17-2005, 08:04 PM

hunting in the eastern panhandle will soon be a thing of the past at the rate lands are being gobbled up for new housing projects. I used to have places to hunt in Jefferson, Berkeley and Morgan, but all are gone cept for my own little piece of Morgan. Sleepy Creek is a waste of time and isnt even safe when the orange army invades during deer season. Hunting at other times for other species isnt bad though.

Last year I tried to go up and hunt Short Mountain WMA but gave up rather quickly as the first camp I came on had 32 PA guys and the second had nearly as many from PA. Another group had 20 plus from MD and even antoher from VA had 20 plus.

Not to start anything but I think it is high time WV starts limiting the number of out of state licenses issued to give the residents a chance to hunt without having to travel to the other end of the state.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:00 PM

Hunt the family farm every year in Lewis cty. You know if it weren't for out of state hunters every state not just wv would loose millions and millions in revenue. Look beyond the liscence at gas, hotel, food, drink, tolls etc.. Every State makes a bundle off those from other states hunting there. It is frustrating but lets face it the States are just big companies looking to make money in the long run.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:42 PM
Fork Horn

mostly boone and putnam counties, but also lincoln, braxton and mason
pretty much anywhere i can!
good huntin to all of ya
Old 08-18-2005, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tanzian

hunting in the eastern panhandle will soon be a thing of the past at the rate lands are being gobbled up for new housing projects. I used to have places to hunt in Jefferson, Berkeley and Morgan, but all are gone cept for my own little piece of Morgan. Sleepy Creek is a waste of time and isnt even safe when the orange army invades during deer season. Hunting at other times for other species isnt bad though.

Last year I tried to go up and hunt Short Mountain WMA but gave up rather quickly as the first camp I came on had 32 PA guys and the second had nearly as many from PA. Another group had 20 plus from MD and even antoher from VA had 20 plus.

Not to start anything but I think it is high time WV starts limiting the number of out of state licenses issued to give the residents a chance to hunt without having to travel to the other end of the state.
I'm with ya,Bro... I live in Hedgesville... sad what's happened to our home,isn't it.......
Old 08-18-2005, 01:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Buckshot

Wetzal Co. Had the place for 10years and every year the hunting gets better.
my sis and bro inlaw live right beside the Lewis Wetzal hunt land.......... his brother is the manager over it too.......some great deer hunting there
Old 08-18-2005, 04:18 PM

live in DE, been hunting Ritchie county the last few years, may try Boone county this year also. Cant get extra does tags in Boone though if your a nonresident. Family lives in Whitesville

Quick Reply: WV Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.