Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 pennsylvania bowhunting >

pennsylvania bowhunting

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

pennsylvania bowhunting

Old 07-23-2005, 03:40 PM

Default pennsylvania bowhunting

i am going to bradford county a town called west burlington. has anybody had any good luck there if so good bucks or does? i guess its all food plots in the area. this will be the first week in october. should i hunt the food plots or get back in the woods aways? any help would be appreciated. the rut is probably the best time when does that usually happen in pa. i know some people who say its nothing to see 15 deer a day in that area, is that true? here in mass your lucky to see 2 deer!
Old 07-24-2005, 05:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: pennsylvania bowhunting

I hunted a location in Bradford county 5 or 6 years ago but I honestly don't even remember what the name of the closest town was. It was right over the border from Sullivan though. We saw plenty of deer at the time but that was before alot of the drastic changes that the PGC put in place to reduce the herd size.

As for the rut, it typically runs between the end of the first week in November and the end of the third week week in November...at least the peak of it. The Pre-rut stage starts in early October and intensifies as the month progresses.

The Food plots sound like a good place to start. In the mornings I would hunt off of the food plots, back towards the bedding areas by a good 150-200 yards. You should be able to catch them on there way to the bedding areas.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

PABowhntr - was the town called Towanda?
Old 07-30-2005, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

i live and hunt in bradford county, a town called rome, its about 10 minutes from towanda. the best time to bowhunt here is the 1st and 2nd week of november. your best bet would be sit in between there bedding and food that early in season.

PABowhntr- was it dushore or new albany they are both near the border of sullivan county. actually i think dushore is in sullivan.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dushore is in Sullivan County.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:39 AM

Im all amped up for deer season. We were out doing some preseason scouting over the weekend. I didnt see any deer but saw some decent sign. 10/1 cant come fast enough! I hunt in WMU 5D.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:17 PM

prolly milan, ulster, gillet, athans ????????prolly off 220
Old 08-05-2005, 09:22 AM

BarnsX or downtown....I stumbled across this forum while looking for Pa bowhunting info. I'm comming back there to bowhunt the first week of Nov. I grew up hunting deer in Bradford county. My brother and Dad still live there. I'll be hunting near New Albany. So...the rut is in full swing during that time? I havn't bowhunted Pa for over 20 years as I now live in Colorado.Back then the season didn't go so late into the year. I'm just giddy over thetrip. EMail me at [email protected] if you are willing to help me out with a few questions. Have you ever been into the Mountain House Inn? Thanx in advance...Max
Old 08-09-2005, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

The 1st week in November is a great time to hunt. The 2nd week may be even better but there will be plenty of rutting activity by the 1st week. We'll be in the Florida Keys fishing that week but sometimes you have to make sacrifices.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

PABowhntr - was the town called Towanda?
Sorry I didn't post sooner. I honestly don't remember the name of the town though Dushore sounds more familiar than Towanda. It was a friend's uncle's place. I will ask when I see him next. I want to say there was a mountain we crossed over...Red something or other...before getting there.

Quick Reply: pennsylvania bowhunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.