Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns > Muzzleloading Guns
cva optima .50 nickel/mossy oak-once owned by the ML'er shooter formerly known as FG >

cva optima .50 nickel/mossy oak-once owned by the ML'er shooter formerly known as FG

Community
Muzzleloading Guns The smoking gun section.

cva optima .50 nickel/mossy oak-once owned by the ML'er shooter formerly known as FG

Old 07-16-2009, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default cva optima .50 nickel/mossy oak-once owned by the ML'er shooter formerly known as FG

It's up for sale, I traded FG for this gun back around November or December. Took it to the range and shot it approximately ten times (accurate) and it has sat in the safe since then so it needs to go.

Here is a link to his original post so you can see pictures:

http://huntingnet.com/forum/muzzlelo...0cal-sold.html

I'd call it an 8.5 out of 10. The nicks/scratches in the barrel are under the front sight on the left side and can be seen in his post, if you want close ups let me know. I'm having camera trouble right now so I'm recycling his pictures. Also there is a light scratch in the bore at the breech end, it was like that when I got it, but it does not seem to affect accuracy at all, probably because it is at the breech end. The gun now sports a 4x traditions scope (I think bushnell made scopes for traditions, if someone else knows for sure please post). The bases are the same, but the mounts different, they're blued, nothing special.

Price is $225 shipped and insured. Let me know if you have any questions.

I'd consider trades for hang on tree stands in good condition, the number of stands for trade depends on make and model of stand.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Banned

Guys, you cant go wrong with this rifle! I know how it shoots. Heres the best group it shot for me with the following:

3 shot @ 100 yards ( lowest group) was with 80gr pyrodex P. The upper hole is 3 shots again, on a barrel that already had 3 shots through it! @ 100 yards with 90gr pyrodex p.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

when I signed on and saw a response from you to my original post I assumed you were wanting to buy it back! Thanks for the kind words, you know alot more about this guns potential than I do, I barely shot it. Just not enough time, 3-d shoots have totally consumed my summer this year.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

Here's how she currently looks and a close up of the scratches on the barrel.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

Sold on another forum.