Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Miscellaneous
self guided deer/antelope bow hunt >

self guided deer/antelope bow hunt

Community
Miscellaneous Still trying to get rid of that old couch or TV? Try selling it here.

self guided deer/antelope bow hunt

Old 03-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Spike

Default self guided deer/antelope bow hunt

Self-Guided Hunt

In eastern Wyoming Mule Deer are concealed in the broken land. During bow season they use the drainages and ditches as day-time bedding areas to escape the heat, even though the ground maybe covered with snow in the morning, highs frequently reach 80 degrees by the afternoon. I have located public land that has good populations of Mule Deer that are concentrated in this broken terrain.

These self-guided hunts are in an area where three creeks converge which creates some of the best hunting habitat that can be found. Those who prefer hunting out of a blind can take mule deer or antelope that daily use the creek as a watering hole. For those who like the spot and stalk method, buttes in the area provide vantage points to spot herds where you can plan your stalk.

In the immediate hunting area is over 20,000 acres of accessible land which includes BLM, State Trust Lands, and private walk-in areas.

Since Wyoming hunting regulations restrict the use of guides on public land these are self-guided hunts. You will be making the call. I will take you to the properties, provide you the maps, and show you the access roads and trails. I will also provide daily scouting reports.

I will also assist when you need help either tracking or retrieving your game. We will stay in contact with the use of 2-way radios and/or cell phones. I will provide these services for two days.

If you have never Bow hunted out west you don’t know what you are missing. Over the last three years I’ve taken 15 hunters (gun and bow) who have filled 14 tags. We started hanging mounts on the wall after the first year.

Approx 2011 hunting dates Sep 15 – Sep 25

Deer / Antelope Tags

There is an abundant population of Mule Deer and Antelope herds in Eastern Wyoming. The deer tags for region B also include Whitetail deer. I have been hunting in Region B for the last several years, where tags have been left over after the initial draw.

Up until recent years, tags could not be purchased except at the WY Game and Fish headquarters in Cheyenne.
Left-over Tags can now be purchased over the counter at a few establishments, but you cannot count on the clerks to be able to assist since there are so many variables in knowing which combination of area and hunt type, which is different for each species. So I recommend using the on-line system to purchase your tags.

Since 2008 I have studied the online tag distributions and I will guide you through the process which will greatly simplify the process.