Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Miscellaneous
Braided Line  PLEASE help. >

Braided Line PLEASE help.

Community
Miscellaneous Still trying to get rid of that old couch or TV? Try selling it here.

Braided Line PLEASE help.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:03 AM
Spike

Angry Braided Line PLEASE help.

I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem. When i pick up my pole and check my drag, my line (braided) pulls out smooth and the drag works great. After about five or six casts my line begins pulling off my reel very easily and my drag doesnt even click. This has happened to me on two different reels with braided line. Its almost as if when the line gets wet it just slides through the line guide on my reel. (It doesnt grab to give my drag a chance to work)Has anyone else had this problem before? Im using power pro but wont be for long if this doesnt stop.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

When you put the line on your reel did you back it with 20-30 yards of mono? if not it will do that just start slipping right off. The reason it does it more when its wet is because the water acts as a lubricant. IF you did back it with mono then I have no answer for you.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by ACutting
When you put the line on your reel did you back it with 20-30 yards of mono? if not it will do that just start slipping right off. The reason it does it more when its wet is because the water acts as a lubricant. IF you did back it with mono then I have no answer for you.
no i diddnt back it with mono. How would that help tho? Its still the braid thats gunna be getting pulled through.....
Old 11-05-2009, 01:14 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Snipe4Food
no i diddnt back it with mono. How would that help tho? Its still the braid thats gunna be getting pulled through.....
the braid is slipping on your spool when you put 20 yards of mono on first and then the braid it will not slip because the mono dont slip on the spool and the braid dont slip on the mono
Old 11-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Spike

mono backing 100 percent correct
Old 11-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Spike

I exclusively use braided line I love the non stretch, definately needs the mono backing.