Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Miscellaneous
 ANOTHER WAY to Pattern Deer??? >

ANOTHER WAY to Pattern Deer???

Community
Miscellaneous Still trying to get rid of that old couch or TV? Try selling it here.

ANOTHER WAY to Pattern Deer???

Old 03-18-2009, 06:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: ANOTHER WAY to Pattern Deer???

who are you writing to? Me or TR
Same person.

So how many has T.R. killed with a bow, you should know your his groupie.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nathanyeck

any most guy can hunt with a gun it takes skill to hunt with a bow i started hunting with a bow 2 years ago so far ive killed 5 deer with my bow
So you're saying there's no skill required to gun hunt?
Old 03-19-2009, 05:05 AM

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

any most guy can hunt with a gun it takes skill to hunt with a bow i started hunting with a bow 2 years ago so far ive killed 5 deer with my bow
So you're saying there's no skill required to gun hunt?

oh no dont get me wrong there is still skill in gun hunting. you have to make good shots and things but what i was saying is not evey one can hunt with a bow
Old 03-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

oh no dont get me wrong there is still skill in gun hunting. you have to make good shots and things but what i was saying is not evey one can hunt with a bow
Bow hunting presents different challenges for sure but I think anyone who gun hunts could also hunt with a bow, if they desire. The advancement in archery have been huge, making it easier then years past, a major drawback for many hunters. Of my near 3 decades of hunting, only the first few years where solely gun hunting. In the past 10 years the number of bow hunters I see in the field/shops is way up. Hunting buds who previously laughed at the idea are now bowhunters. Some reasons are better seasons but a lot isdue to the advancement in the technology making it easier to gain confidence, even withother challenges are added.

Same can be said forMuzzleloaders gain in popularity as well.

I just hunt be it bow, ml or rifle. There is skill required, plenty of challenges involved with each weapon and species of game I pursue.I don't see one as being better or more then the other, afterall your huntingwhich to be successful you need to have skill, knowledge, know your abilities/limitations, patience, etc.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:07 AM

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

Bow hunting presents different challenges for sure but I think anyone who gun hunts could also hunt with a bow, if they desire. The advancement in archery have been huge, making it easier then years past, a major drawback for many hunters. Of my near 3 decades of hunting, only the first few years where solely gun hunting. In the past 10 years the number of bow hunters I see in the field/shops is way up. Hunting buds who previously laughed at the idea are now bowhunters. Some reasons are better seasons but a lot isdue to the advancement in the technology making it easier to gain confidence, even withother challenges are added.

I just hunt be it bow, ml or rifle. There is skill required, plenty of challenges involved with each weapon and species of game I pursue.I don't see one as being better or more then the other, afterall your huntingwhich to be successful you need to have skill, knowledge, know your abilities/limitations, patience, etc.
yep there is and i was not saying there wasnt
Old 03-21-2009, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great points! There's way too many people who bow hunt that try to make it sound super hard. Modern compound bows are pretty much just as easy to shoot as a rifle. Now if we're talking re-curves or long bows, that's a different story.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:22 AM

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

Great points! There's way too many people who bow hunt that try to make it sound super hard. Modern compound bows are pretty much just as easy to shoot as a rifle. Now if we're talking re-curves or long bows, that's a different story.
dont say that it is like a rifle you can shoot 200 yards or more with a rifle and a bow max ive shoot is 45 yards there is a bigger skill leavel with a bow a gun you do every thing you do with a bow but 2 things first you dont draw back so deer norm. dont see you 2nd you dont have to get the deer asclose now if you hunt with a open sight 12ga things change lmao

just like to ask if any of you guys bow hunt?
Old 03-21-2009, 06:25 AM

i gun hunt and bow hunt with a bow im gonna add something if you try bowhunting on the ground that is soo awsome i have only 1 deer out of a tree stand with a bow the rest were stock hunting and ground blind or just sitting by a tree
Old 03-21-2009, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that answer just might be YES.

If you checked out that forum, you will see....
The bow hunting forum has more than 3X the number of posts compared to here.
They are actually closing in on the magic number of 1 Million posts.

That should answer your question.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I figured my first post showed thatbut guess not, I have been bow hunting for the past 25 years.In those 25 years I have taken over 30game animals withbowwhich includesantelope, deer, black bear, elk and moose.

i gun hunt and bow hunt with a bow im gonna add something if you try bowhunting on the ground that is soo awsome i have only 1 deer out of a tree stand with a bow the rest were stock hunting and ground blind or just sitting by a tree
I'm 100%ground via spot n stalk, ambush or calling. I have only harvested 1 deer from a treestand and few bears, the rest I've been on dirt. These days bowhunting for me is larger game and not really deer. I find it both challenging/exciting to bein close quarters with elk & moose. IMHO not much beats a bugling bull elk or a grunting bull mooseonground level in tight. The weapon i have doesn't make the challenge its being able to play with the game on their level and create an opportunity. The harvesting is merely icing on the cake. I get the same thrill is all I'm saying. The sense of accomplishment comes from envoking a game plan and making it work be it a rifle shot or bow shot. Ie: 3 years ago I called in a bull moose and arrowed it at 11 yards. Last fall I was drawn for a rifle hunt where I called in a bull moose and dropped it with the 338 atless than 20 yards. To me both resulted in some were purdy damn exciting action.

Quick Reply: ANOTHER WAY to Pattern Deer???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.